True Story - work buddy busted

Al Bundy

Many years ago I worked at IBM and there was a couple that were seeing each other for many months and use to to screw around in plain sight in front of a few of us... I was friends with the girl but knew she was a little off and at the time could not stand the guy.  Well they were both up for promotion and he got it cause he just graduated college and he deserved it.  She was clueless and did not deserve  a pack of bubble gum.  Thought cause she was a single parent that she deserved the world. He got the promotion and started seeing someone else the same week....  She turned him in for sexual harassment for touching her breasts and a load of other stuff. During the investigation when it was my turn to go in front of like 4 managers and HR I told them " I can not stand the guy and if he was drowning I would throw him a cinder block and I am friends with the girl but she  is a complete liar somethings wrong with her mentally and you know why she is doing this" Well it was a short investigation and she looked really bad after the fact. She got moved to another building and the guy got to stay put. That was 24 years ago and I wonder what would have happened today.....

Many years ago I worked at IBM and there was a couple that were seeing each other for many months and use to to screw around in plain sight in front of a few of us... I was friends with the girl but knew she was a little off and at the time could not stand the guy.  Well they were both up for promotion and he got it cause he just graduated college and he deserved it.  She was clueless and did not deserve  a pack of bubble gum.  Thought cause she was a single parent that she deserved the world. He got the promotion and started seeing someone else the same week....  She turned him in for sexual harassment for touching her breasts and a load of other stuff. During the investigation when it was my turn to go in front of like 4 managers and HR I told them " I can not stand the guy and if he was drowning I would throw him a cinder block and I am friends with the girl but she  is a complete liar somethings wrong with her mentally and you know why she is doing this" Well it was a short investigation and she looked really bad after the fact. She got moved to another building and the guy got to stay put. That was 24 years ago and I wonder what would have happened today.....

Today you would have been canned for even thinking about workplace violence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

Total BS for who? The guy that just touched somebodies wife, sister, mother etc..

Total BS for the GUY!   He wanted to see and... Yes!  Touch the tattoo!!!  OMG!!!  The Horror...... SHE didn't complain... End of Story.

17 hours ago, NFA-ADK said:

"I'm Rick James!"  

Touching someone is not a crime, harming them is!   Should be some sort of reference when applying these rules.  So now when I enter a door, IF I brush up against someone I can claim sexual assault or they can.  They brushed into me I just stood in the doorway.  I could care less if someone pats my sister mom or girlfriend on the shoulder.  Pathetic how society is going!  What do they do if a fight brakes out?  Not allowed to touch!   Crazy!  These stupid rules need to go!  More liberal nonsense from the Dems!  Idiots.  Next we are going to outlaw STRAWS!   

Just did my course a few weeks ago, so dumb.  Bet a lawyer though this one up!  

So IF I work with the police and they actually arrest me CAN I file a complaint that they touched me?  lmao!

If you tell a joke and that person touches you on the arm or shoulder laughing... is it Bad?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eric J said:

If you tell a joke and that person touches you on the arm or shoulder laughing... is it Bad?

I would think it's good and the person is laughing, and would have to report them for TOUCHING ME!  LMAO NOT!  Next is your not allowed to say ANYTHING bad about anyone in public, screw free speech!  Kids today are in trouble, what about when they play a sport that requires touching like soccer, football, baseball, basketball, wrestling, boxing or MMA.  Can they report the other team players for misconduct not becoming of a kid, parent or coach?  Crazy way this society is going!  What do kids do during gym class when touching another person actually happens all the time?  O MY!  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eric J said:

Total BS for the GUY!   He wanted to see and... Yes!  Touch the tattoo!!!  OMG!!!  The Horror...... SHE didn't complain... End of Story.

Sorry to say but you seem to be clueless on what is deemed appropriate office behavior. So i understand the looking at the tattoo,  but again, please explain how this guy will explain to HR the need to touch the tattoo, touch her skin??. I dont think anything will come of this, but he sure as hell better tread lighly moving forward. For those 2 ladies to report him, sorry to say that theres probably more to this behavior and they were waiting for the right time to make their move.  

• Haha 1

#1.  Same thing happened to me.  I was offended.  That'll be the last time I get a tattoo on my penis.

#2.  I bet you half the guys that thinks it's outrageous to complain about a man touching a woman's skin without asking would be appalled if a flaming gay man came up behind them and touched their exposed skins.

#3. Hand shakes don't count because you extend your hand out as well therefore implying consent.  The equivalent here is the other person extends their hand to shake yours but you kept your hand to your side so the reached over and grab your hand anyway to shake it.

#4. I'm sure 99% of the time it's innocent but it's those few bad apples that ruin it for everyone else.  I'm sure Harvey Weinstein has made a bunch of moral sound producers work environments awkward.  Do you blame the co-worker or do you blame HW?

#5. I literally just had to go through our annual harassment refresher.  It is legal and recommended to report unwanted contact done to other when you witness it even if you're not the one involved.  I work with a lot of Europeans and they have their standard of hugs and double cheek kisses.  I keep my distance.  Oh, the amount of restrain I have to have.  I work with a lot of attractive people.  I was in the office of one and she had to work an event that night so she showed up to work in her cocktail party gown.  My first through was "wow, you look nice" but I caught myself.  What came out was "Waa.....umm....so...what's the occasion?"

1 hour ago, blackbeltbill said:

Society is changing fast!  Things were different when, I taught Martial Arts for my Teacher. I taught in class during the week and Friday Nights alone. We trained plenty of Standing Jujitsu,Throws,Locks,Small joint manipulation-- another words-- Hands on Training. Maybe it is good, I only Teach Personals now the way Society is changing.

How do you compare someone paying you to teach them in the arts to someone being touched inappropriately in an office, theres no correlation what so ever.

we just did SH training for work.... the ability to file a complaint like that must be in place. it's possible that she didn't want to say something but shared with someone else that it still bothered her. without her expressing she didn't like what happened something like that is not warranted. can't discourage individuals from reporting what they feel should be, but at the same time that person (assumed to be a guy?) needs to swap out his snowflake skirt for a set a big boy pants. (yes I'm aware the last part is sexual harassment) common sense and logic is leaving society and we're too PC to have any means to keep that in check. its sad.

6 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I work from home but still had to watch a video, sign a form and send it in to corporate. My wife may have some legitimate complaints

don't know her but would your complaints offset hers? i think you're both fired and just so happen to be left in the same environment. not sure how that will work out. lol

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

First off, I never made 1 Dime teaching. Your last sentence -- there is some correlation if a Dislike possibly developed over time and that was my point. 

Big difference, i doubt your dojo has sexual harrassment policy in place. This guy who works in an office and probably has alot to lose if the charges stick.  You on the other hand just walk away, not getting paid anyway. But im sure if you touched someone inappropriately while training there are other means of recourse for the other party. But again i was comparing you training someone in the arts (wether you got paid is irrelevant) to someone being touched who did not asked to be touched. Big difference. Now if you train someone in the arts and touch them inappropriately  well then that can be construed as being similar to the lady with the tats case. Lets not confuse touching in training for martial arts to inappropriate touching. Think i stated my case over and over...lol...but im having fun with this.

That's a line from South Park...."Sexual Harassment Panda"  was conducting a SH class for the South Park kids..."

Is it going to go unnoticed that Pygmy watches (and can quote) South Park? Potential best post of 2019 contender. The peeled back layers of this little pearled onion we know as Pygmy never cease to amaze!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

Sorry to say but you seem to be clueless on what is deemed appropriate office behavior. So i understand the looking at the tattoo,  but again, please explain how this guy will explain to HR the need to touch the tattoo, touch her skin??. I dont think anything will come of this, but he sure as hell better tread lighly moving forward. For those 2 ladies to report him, sorry to say that theres probably more to this behavior and they were waiting for the right time to make their move.  

Interesting you assume its ladies who reported him. Also interesting that you think this really was not enough to warrant the complaint, that it must be something additional.  You are incorrect though about more to this. Nothing more to this behavior than two people talking.  He does not need to explain anything to HR... The woman with the tattoo IS HR...

• Like 1

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Everyone has the right to have their own point of view. Come with an immigrant visa to the USA and complain till the cows come home. It's got nothing to do with intent, everything to do with the rules and the letter of the laws. Lamentfull that anyone has to be subject to this Folderol, but ask yourself who made the rules and who put into effect the laws. A hug can get you fired. Welcome to the USA !

46 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Is it going to go unnoticed that Pygmy watches (and can quote) South Park? Potential best post of 2019 contender. The peeled back layers of this little pearled onion we know as Pygmy never cease to amaze!

It didn't go unnoticed I thought the same thing lol. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NockednLoaded said:

It didn't go unnoticed I thought the same thing lol. 

You guys give me too much credit...I'm just an old farm boy from Dogpatch, NY...… 

Actually, I probably would never watched South Park, but my daughter, who has a Bachelor's in elementary ED and a Master's in Library Science, turned me on to it...

She's a good girl....I have always said that she got her brains and good looks from her mother and her sense of humor from me....Good combo....

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Interesting you assume its ladies who reported him. Also interesting that you think this really was not enough to warrant the complaint, that it must be something additional.  You are incorrect though about more to this. Nothing more to this behavior than two people talking.  He does not need to explain anything to HR... The woman with the tattoo IS HR...

Two men, two woman whats the difference, two people felt it was inappropriate and reported him. In your OP you said he was called to the HR office and now the lady with the tat IS HR. So what's gonna happen now its going to  get all squashed now because SHES HR. Nothing more then two people talking, but yet he touched her. Dont really care, let your friend continue that workplace behavior, its just fine.

Edited by NYBowhunter