Huge black bear

Swamp_bucks

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/hunting-fishing/2010/11/25/Bear-s-demise-leaves-a-trail-of-questions/stories/201011250266

Some sportsman right there.

I know feeding is illegal, and for good reason, but don't give me some bull that this guy didn't know the bear was practically a pet. 

He knew exactly what he was doing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skillet said:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/hunting-fishing/2010/11/25/Bear-s-demise-leaves-a-trail-of-questions/stories/201011250266

Some sportsman right there.

I know feeding is illegal, and for good reason, but don't give me some bull that this guy didn't know the bear was practically a pet. 

He knew exactly what he was doing.

There you go!  No way that bear was a truly wild bear. They just don't get that big in a natural setting.  I'll probably get flack for this, but the same can be said about the bruiser bucks that get killed in suburban settings or even around food plots that have become so popular.  I'd like to have some of those hunters hunt away from such settings and see if they could kill bucks of equal size.  I'd put my money on it that they won't.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dr Juice said:

Awesome emoji1433.png

Once harvested, how do you move such a beast? I’m just saying ....

I was at the bear check station in Wellsboro a few years back when a fellow brought in a 640lb. bear (I witnessed the biologists weighing it). I remarked to the lucky hunter than it must have been a real chore dragging it out. He said: " Heck no. I shot it in my cornfield. Drove my tractor over to it and picked it up with the bucket".

• Like 1