Muck Woody Elite

So my second pair finally had sole separate from boot.   Duct tape probably keeps them useable as they are still waterproof.   But assuming they are shot, that’s the second pair that lasted 4 years.   Bought them on sale post season for around $100.   Good deal at $25/season.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

So my second pair finally had sole separate from boot.   Duct tape probably keeps them useable as they are still waterproof.   But assuming they are shot, that’s the second pair that lasted 4 years.   Bought them on sale post season for around $100.   Good deal at $25/season.   

You may still be able to get a few bucks for them.  Storm, are you reading this??  The boots will match your gun!  LOL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, grampy said:

This is the second year for my Woody Sportsman. And still going strong. I love them! Have worn them for most every hunt this year, even the single digit temp hunts. And stayed comfortable. I'd buy another pair in a heartbeat!

Only boot I wear from beginning to end unless it’s really really frigid for Baffin.  But probably wore the Baffin two times in the last few seasons.   

I have two pair , one has been assigned to dog walking and snow blowing as it’s separating where yours are . Creeks ,ditches and mud make them a good boot for me, although when it’s dry my lace up Danners are a joy to wear , and provide much better ankle support, on uneven ground and such .

Mucks are nice as I can tuck my pants inside them, keeping them dry and clean , easy off for drive home ,and easy to wash off mud at home , for drive down the next day . 

Id like to see a pair , with some type of expandable top , perhaps, just a goretex ,cuff that would come up six inches and cinch down , as I have to cross drainage ditches every time I hunt , and some years it’s a challenge.

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I have two pair , one has been assigned to dog walking and snow blowing as it’s separating where yours are . Creeks ,ditches and mud make them a good boot for me, although when it’s dry my lace up Danners are a joy to wear , and provide much better ankle support, on uneven ground and such .

Mucks are nice as I can tuck my pants inside them, keeping them dry and clean , easy off for drive home ,and easy to wash off mud at home , for drive down the next day . 

Id like to see a pair , with some type of expandable top , perhaps, just a goretex ,cuff that would come up six inches and cinch down , as I have to cross drainage ditches every time I hunt , and some years it’s a challenge.

Geeze, if my Muckboots came up another six inches they'd squeeze my nutz….

I have a pair of Woody Max that I have worn about 4 years and they are still sound...I have worn them for everything from spring gobbler to ice fishing and my feet stay warm and dry...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, GreenDrake said:

Moog...I used Gorilla Glue on mine and it saved them for at least light duty stuff. Great boots.  My more expensive rubber boots all ended up cracking at the ankles. The Mucks lasted the the best for the money. 

Good call.  I might try the glue but they will be moved to preseason work boots.  Have backups ready to go.  I think I bought 3 pair when I found em 1/2 price.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Geeze, if my Muckboots came up another six inches they'd squeeze my nutz….

I have a pair of Woody Max that I have worn about 4 years and they are still sound...I have worn them for everything from spring gobbler to ice fishing and my feet stay warm and dry...

Well , as Mrs Nomad has been known to say , it always seems that I’m a few inches short , for the task and hand .

Edited by Nomad
  • Haha 1

I had a pair of ArticSports that cracked early on. I have a pair of Hosers too. the hosers are lighter but wearing from the inside out. not crazy warm either. I got a pair of uninsulated Rutmaster boots from Irish Setter and they have the expansion for your ankle. I ripped a hole in them around the shin that no boot would survive. Called them up and they couldn't warranty them but gave me exact instructions on how to use Shoe Goo. they were and have been as good as new. really comfortable too. I need to get a more insulated pair of rubber boots. not sure if they'll be muck or not. i'd try fixing them with shoe goo and see how it holds up.

8 minutes ago, phade said:

Keep in mind Muck was sold since then. Recent reports of newer models are not as stellar as a large company bought them and did some cost cutting. Dryshod is the new company started by the Muck originator.

friend of mine from your area hosts a hunting tv show and they're a sponsor i believe. they're being considered. looks very similar.

So the original founder of Muck Boots now has a company called DryShod..   Check them out...   prices are less than Muck boats and the quality looks to be similar to the original muck boots.   I bought a pair for my wife and she really likes them..   I have friends that have bought them as well and think they are better than the muck boots they replaced.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Thanks Phade !  Good to know , interesting, no non compete clause .

The originator sold muck 15 years back or so, but then that company that bought Muck sold again in the past few years to a conglomerate I guess. 

Not sure what the Muck inventor did between then and now, but he is with Dryshod.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...