Air Fryers...Pros and Cons

Pygmy

I love my fried fish and I love my fried chicken...

The Mermaid  is busting my butt because she doesn't like the smell from  my frying in the kitchen...Not so much of  a problem in warm weather because I can fry outside on the side burner of my grill but every time I fry inside I  have to put up with her complaining about the smell...She wants me to try an air fryer...I know nothing about them...What input can you masters chefs ( like CHEF)  provide me about these contraptions..??.. I know they are supposed to be healthier, but I don't really give a chit about that...I'm almost 70 years old and I intend to eat what I like and want it to taste good...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I love my fried fish and I love my fried chicken...

The Mermaid  is busting my butt because she doesn't like the smell from  my frying in the kitchen...Not so much of  a problem in warm weather because I can fry outside on the side burner of my grill but every time I fry inside I  have to put up with her complaining about the smell...She wants me to try an air fryer...I know nothing about them...What input can you masters chefs ( like CHEF)  provide me about these contraptions..??.. I know they are supposed to be healthier, but I don't really give a chit about that...I'm almost 70 years old and I intend to eat what I like and want it to taste good...

Well tell her to shape up or ur gonna upgrade, I'd try that first!!

I don't have one, so no review! What I do look for in these "latest 'n' greatest" cookers is how easy are they to clean-up after using. I still have a large George Foreman grill & a rotisserie chicken cooker stashed in my cupboards I never use. They work excellent, but a huge PITA to clean-up!

How are these air fryers to clean-up?