Biggest you have seen or harvested?

Forest Hunter

Bucks -

biggest seen was on an old lease, Wayne Co. an easy 14, was doing an agressive grunt/fight and this frackin buck ran acrost a field up a hill and quartered to then broadsided me to 40 yards. Would have been a perfect hunt, IF, I had shells in the chamber. My worst hunting F-up ever as well. *

biggest taken was 7M public land, 11 pnt. 12ga. smoothbore.

would post a pic but can't figgure out uploads on this new forum system

Does -

biggest seen 7m public land, she was at the top of a hill in a field sunrise, size of a horse I sh|t you not. Frackin like a picture right out of field & stream, beautifull.

biggest taken back on the old Wayne co. lease, another horse size doe. She was with a 4 pnt buck, she completly towered him. The loins off her were unreal, from my chest down to my feet & I'm 6'. taken with the same 12g smoothbore, she took 3 steps & dropped. 10 yard shot.

* - &*%##^ ^$$ &^&$^%$%^ !!!!

Edited by Fantail

Geno c , in 170 yrs of Boone and Crocket record keeping, only 34 8 pointers have made the book which as you know is 170". Now i've been known to add a few inches to most of my deer stories myself so i'm saying this in true hunter friendship. "175 EASY" ?

I think there are a lot more big bucks out there that have never been scored in someone grandparents attics.. just beacuse the record books only have this many of whatever in it just means only that many people entered the deer. I have 2 bucks that would make the nys book but have never entered them...my name in a book doesnt really matter to me and i have neighbors who have several bucks that would make the book as well one thats close to b&c if not in it for sure the guy is 75 could care less about a book... great rack on his wall which always is a good excuse for me to go see him ;) . it seems the scoring craze didn't start till the 80's.

I did some scans this morning. Here are some bucks I took in eastern Montana from 1994-1997. The last photo is 5 days worth of hunting for 3 hunters in 1996. The big one in the van (far left) is probably the biggest I have put my hands around. Mine was the small one of the three. LOL To me every deer is a trophy whether it is big or small.

post-328-0-35514200-1315571390_thumb.jpg

post-328-0-54817000-1315571585_thumb.jpg

post-328-0-31219900-1315571604_thumb.jpg

post-328-0-41388500-1315571654_thumb.jpg

post-328-0-88109500-1315571686_thumb.jpg

Edited by steve863

I think there are a lot more big bucks out there that have never been scored in someone grandparents attics.. just beacuse the record books only have this many of whatever in it just means only that many people entered the deer. I have 2 bucks that would make the nys book but have never entered them...my name in a book doesnt really matter to me and i have neighbors who have several bucks that would make the book as well one thats close to b&c if not in it for sure the guy is 75 could care less about a book... great rack on his wall which always is a good excuse for me to go see him ;) . it seems the scoring craze didn't start till the 80's.

Having a buck scored has nothing to do with the hunter... its just a record of some bucks that a lot of guys might never see if they never were documented... the hunter is just the means to and end...giving other hunters a glimpse of some of what NY has to offer in the way of trophy class whitetails... sometimes you have to tickle a few egos to help get that glimpse

I'm fortunate to hunt in one of the states big buck producing counties and have seen numerous giants taken by friends and hunting buddies. The biggest i've seen was the "Hall" buck taken a few years back just a few miles from my hunting grounds. Gross score 204" with 4 drop tines. The biggest i've seen in the field while hunting is 174". I know this because i watched that buck for a half hr from 300 yrds. during bow season and tried every trick in the book to budge him off some doe he had pinned down but without luck. The next day some guy shot that buck two properties over and sent the pictures to a mutual friend of ours. That hurt!! There is also a giant that i have a picture of which was taken by a fellow member here that i won't mention, but he's probably the best MATURE deer hunter i know and the photo of one of his slobs hangs in the barn and is the last thing i look at as i pull by bow from the hook and head to the stand. I've got a few beauties on the wall myself but these bucks have raised the bar to a new level in recent yrs.

Geno c , in 170 yrs of Boone and Crocket record keeping, only 34 8 pointers have made the book which as you know is 170". Now i've been known to add a few inches to most of my deer stories myself so i'm saying this in true hunter friendship. "175 EASY" ?

ill dig up some pics... i was within 65 yards of this deer on numerous occasions, he was every bit of 170... both G2s were over 16", 20" spread, with decent mass. im not a number thrower...

Edited by Geno C

post-1355-0-30074500-1315694224.jpgAlmost forgot a couple others. A few years back i shot a great buck that grossed 149" . feeling pretty proud of myself i decided to take a photo up to the archery shop and post it on the trophy board. when i got there, a crowd of about 20 people were all in the shop so i asked what all the hub-bub was about. The shop owner pulls a polaroid off the board and says you just missed seeing in person the new NY typical record which was shot last night by a local fella. The beast netted 192" typical. Couple months later i hired a fella that turned out to be the hunters son and he gave me a picture of the deer the night it was killed. His father who was your typical meat hunting, everyday kind of guy never put the buck in the book. Said he didn't really care what it ranked but the backstraps tasted great. I tried to convince the son that the book was about giving that awesome buck it's respect and place in history but he never changed his mind. By the way, 10 days after i shot mine, my brother killed the 10th biggest deer taken in the state that yr. When he took it to the local hunting expo to get it green scored, he brought with him a rack that he found off a deer that had been shot but some hunter but never recovered and his rack was ever bigger. He said he walked in and all the guys waiting to get there horns measured just sort of parted as he strolled up to the table with two top 10 racks, one in each hand. He laid them on the table and said to the scorer " Think they'll make it? ''. Here is a pic of my brothers. Pretty crappy photo but we were pretty excited at the time.