Am I crazy

Chef

So I would like the opinion of the group on this one, so I ordered a new Muzzleloader online last night. Yes on thanksgiving. I decided I wanted it ASAP so i can sight in while at camp for work next week. I decided to pay for overnight shipping $90. Now I get it I ordered on Thursday a holiday and it’s not coming Friday I’m 100% ok with that. I just got tracking info and it says it’s shipping out Monday and I will be getting it Tuesday. To me this is complete horse shit. It should have shipped today and I should be getting it tomorrow. Even Monday I wouldn’t complain. But for me to pay for overnight shipping and get it 5 days later is insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

So I would like the opinion of the group on this one, so I ordered a new Muzzleloader online last night. Yes on thanksgiving. I decided I wanted it ASAP so i can sight in while at camp for work next week. I decided to pay for overnight shipping $90. Now I get it I ordered on Thursday a holiday and it’s not coming Friday I’m 100% ok with that. I just got tracking info and it says it’s shipping out Monday and I will be getting it Tuesday. To me this is complete horse shit. It should have shipped today and I should be getting it tomorrow. Even Monday I wouldn’t complain. But for me to pay for overnight shipping and get it 5 days later is insane.

Yea bro  I noticed this  myself anytime you are dealing with ordering weapons online for some reason there is always a hold up at least that's  my experience always ships a little late from what they say .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chef said:

I just had this same crap happen with a knife I bought. Prime is free two day shipping, ordered the knife early on a Friday afternoon. Figured it would be here Monday ( no UPS on Sunday ). Nope, didn't ship until Monday. Got here on a Wednesday. I was less then pleased, I pay for Prime and this was not what was in the deal when we signed up.

• Like 3

Its not crazy.....cancel order since it hasn't shipped and get one from a store.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I thought about doing that, figure it will take 5 days for the money to comeback

My guess is online shippers are extra cautiou when  shipping anything to New York  that's a weapon because of all the bs exstra regulations they have here .

Bro it’s a muzzleloader you don’t even need to fill out a NICS check to buy it

7 minutes ago, Chef said:

Bro it’s a muzzleloader you don’t even need to fill out a NICS check to buy it

Yea I know  but the same thing happened when I bought a crossbow and airguns online.

Every time same crap  

And it even looked like they opened the box to see what the f it was one time .

A lot of that stuff finds it's way in NYC I think before going out to different parts of the state .

I bet its something to do with that causes the delays.  Plus the online shipper may be double checking  rules and laws in new york .  Has to be one or the other or both at least that's been my experience. 

Edited by Hunter007

Yea I know  but the same thing happened when I bought a crossbow and airguns online.
Every time same crap  

And it even looked like they opened the box to see what the f it was one time .
A lot of that stuff finds it's way in NYC I think before going out to different parts of the state .
I bet its something to do with that causes the delays.  Plus the online shipper may be double checking  rules and laws in new york .  Has to be one or the other or both at least that's been my experience. 

Bro stop commenting on this thread you didn’t even read it hasn’t shipped yet it has nothin to do with NYC...

Over night , WHEN they ship it out. Nothing saying it will ship that day as long as you get it in one day when it’s shipped. And yes I would be ticked off also, but that’s how they get ya . 

Yea I guess ur right, I guess what really pissed me off is when I called they told me I would have it Monday because fedx doesn’t deliver Saturday which is also a crock of shit

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Yea I guess ur right, I guess what really pissed me off is when I called they told me I would have it Monday because fedx doesn’t deliver Saturday which is also a crock of shit

I guess the question is, did you get it for a smoking deal? Hopefully that will make it worth the wait . 

I guess the question is, did you get it for a smoking deal? Hopefully that will make it worth the wait . 

Lol it would have been without the overnight shipping charged now it’s just basically a wash and Was supposed to save me from supporting a business I don’t like

• Like 1

That's the ire with ordering things on line. UPS doesn't do Sundays, Fed-Ex it's Saturday, and the USPS is just wonky these days.

Odd thing, when I ordered a different knife last March, I didn't pay for any sort of expedited shipping, and we did not have Prime back then, it was still here in two days.

Sometimes I think it's the company and where their policy on how the operation works. Some companies shipping are open 24/-365. Others, they have more shut down days then schools do these days.

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

The division of Fedex I work in was closed Thursday and Friday for the holiday. But I’m not sure if that was company wide or by division. 

With a storm on the way I wouldn’t hold my breath Tuesday if I were you. 

The division of Fedex I work in was closed Thursday and Friday for the holiday. But I’m not sure if that was company wide or by division. 

With a storm on the way I wouldn’t hold my breath Tuesday if I were you. 

Lol thanks man yea I know it’s not coming Tuesday either

6 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

The number of businesses that close shipping by 3-4pm is staggering. 

I can't even imagine anymore. I worked in shipping and receiving for about 6 years in a factory. It was 7 day operation, and we ran 24 hours with only major holidays being shut down. Our cut off was 5PM everyday. We had rotating shifts, so if there was a delivery in the middle of the night, if it was super urgent there was someone there to unload/load a truck. But 90% of the time they had to wait.

The number of businesses that close shipping by 3-4pm is staggering. 

It really is insane, not for nothing if I placed the order today around noon I could understand it not shipping till Monday maybe. But this was placed yesterday. I wonder if I can get them to refund the shipping. If they do I’ll come out ahead and be happy

• Like 1

So just a update, I sent them a email, they refunded the full price of the overnight shipping. They were actually really nice on the phone. My only issue now is I really hope it comes on Tuesday. Wednesday is the only day I have to really sight this In before the start of late ML season. I did take off 3 days to hunt the late season one morning may now be dedicated to sighting in

• Like 1

So what exactly did you order? I’m toting around an old Knight disc rifle. I need to up my muzzleloader game.

Cva optima from muzzl-loaders.com their scoped combo with their branded scope. Got it in the camo pattern.

• Like 1