Best boots

cbyzerman

Correction.  It's only 200 grams.  No wonder my feet gets cold.  I have the older version of these.  When it's super cold or tons of snow, I wear my Mucks with wool socks over regular socks.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/footwear/mens-footwear/mens-pac-winter-boots/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/103959180/tnf-mens-chilkat-iii-lace-rubber-bottom-boots/3128743.uts?slotId=1

I got these this year after getting Irish Setter's a couple years ago.  The Irish Setter's were comfortable but my toes would still be freezing after a few hours, maybe I should've got a size bigger.  But the LaCrosse boots are awesome.  Scentproof, waterproof, warm as hell.  Haven't been an issue this year, we'll see next week for late bow!   I got them from Cabela's, but they're on sale right now I guess on LaCrosse.com.  I think they're the same model/style just different colors.(?)

https://www.cabelas.com/product/LACROSSE-AEROHEAD-SPORT-MM-RUBBER-BOOT-DS/2432348.uts?slotId=8

https://www.lacrossefootwear.com/catalog/product/view/id/40478/s/aerohead-18-realtree-max-5-7-0mm/category/440/

I have these (link below) PAC BOOTS. Yes there are times when my feet are too hot but I rather have hot feet than cold. I’m usually size 10.5-11 and got these in 12. No regret at all. One of my best investments in clothing. I usually do all day sit hunts and my feet are perfect. My other hunting buddies do nothing but complain how cold their feet are and they’ve gone thru 4-5 different pairs of boots. 

https://www.cabelas.com/product/CABELAS-TRANS-ALASKA/2498570.uts?slotId=5

43 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Just got a pair of these as an early Xmas gift. Can't wait to use them this weekend. a75a795814e965985082f2a4e39124d9.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I got those last year or two years ago.  Only had one occasion to wear them and it was Opening Day this year, I was pleasantly pleased with them after 10+ hours 15’ in the air. 

• Like 1

Get any comfortable pair of boots you can wear very thick socks in with a wool liner and still move your toes. The wool liner is key IMO.

When I decided to go to college in New England (From AL originally), I went to a Burlington coat factory and got a pair of enormous boots called "grizzly bears" with a very thick wool liner. They are the warmest things I've ever worn and my father and I use them whenever it is super cold out and we are hunting. They were on a crazy sale because who needs those in Alabama.

I would recommend going to a Burlington or equivalent and getting an oversize pair of boots with a removable wool liner. You need to be able to move your toes even with thick socks or even stick a hand warmer in the toe. If the boots are too tight for you to move your toes you're going to get cold, period because the circulation gets messed up.

On 12/1/2019 at 7:47 PM, wolc123 said:

My feet were just fine in a $ 40 pair of army surplus mickey mouse boots and a pair of wool blend socks, sitting still for 4 hours in 9 degrees F up north this morning.  Why anyone would want to spend more than that on cold weather boots is beyond my understanding.  They are also waterproof, but only about 10" high.   

A value minded customer.  How long will these usually last for you? I ask, only because my feet are tired of being ripped off.

I have these in orange, and I like them. Did you fit yours to your regular size, or go one size up? The foam insert is tricky.

A size up. Pull the insert out put them on then put the boots on. Plenty of room in them, when you try to get your feet in with the insert in the boot it balls up at the toe and makes them feel tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

A size up. Pull the insert out put them on then put the boots on. Plenty of room in them, when you try to get your feet in with the insert in the boot it balls up at the toe and makes them feel tight.

Thank you. I will try that.

4 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

A value minded customer.  How long will these usually last for you? I ask, only because my feet are tired of being ripped off.

I am on the 5th season on the pair I have now and they are showing no signs of wear.  I use them for hunting, anytime it is colder than about 32 F, and also for ice-fishing.  Never had cold feet in them.  The only drawback is, if you need water-proof deeper than about 10".   I got a soaker on one when I had to cross a deep ditch several times when I killed a doe from the other side.  If I ever need to go thru deep water again with them, I will try lacing them real tight and going real fast.   I am guessing they will last me 15-20 years.   

My father in law always got around 5 years out of them, wearing them 8-10 hours, every day of the winter, on a concrete floor in an un-heated dairy barn.   He used the warmer white ones, when it was real cold, but the black ones 90 % of the time.    He gave me a new black pair, that I have now, for Christmas (so they were free for me) about 17 years ago.   I always thought they were too goofy-looking to wear, but finally succumbed to his badgering, up at their retirement home in the Adirondacks, 5 years ago.  I should have tried them sooner.   I can't believe all the money folks waste on the fancy boots.          

Edited by wolc123

On 12/13/2019 at 5:29 PM, wolc123 said:

I am on the 5th season on the pair I have now and they are showing no signs of wear.  I use them for hunting, anytime it is colder than about 32 F, and also for ice-fishing.  Never had cold feet in them.  The only drawback is, if you need water-proof deeper than about 10".   I got a soaker on one when I had to cross a deep ditch several times when I killed a doe from the other side.  If I ever need to go thru deep water again with them, I will try lacing them real tight and going real fast.   I am guessing they will last me 15-20 years.   

My father in law always got around 5 years out of them, wearing them 8-10 hours, every day of the winter, on a concrete floor in an un-heated dairy barn.   He used the warmer white ones, when it was real cold, but the black ones 90 % of the time.    He gave me a new black pair, that I have now, for Christmas (so they were free for me) about 17 years ago.   I always thought they were too goofy-looking to wear, but finally succumbed to his badgering, up at their retirement home in the Adirondacks, 5 years ago.  I should have tried them sooner.   I can't believe all the money folks waste on the fancy boots.          

Are they actually called Mickey Mouse boots?

Problem is they haven’t been made in 30years and the surplus’s are running out of supply. Also the rubber is drying from age. My last 2 pairs didn’t last a season of ice fishing before cracking. That’s why I went to Baffins.

33 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Problem is they haven’t been made in 30years and the surplus’s are running out of supply. Also the rubber is drying from age. My last 2 pairs didn’t last a season of ice fishing before cracking. That’s why I went to Baffins.

I see you are right and the price of them is more than double what it was last time I looked.  They were getting $ 40 for used surplus ones 15 years ago and $ 80 for unused ones.   Thankfully, my pair is still in very good shape and I expect to get about 10 more years out of them.