Best boots

cbyzerman

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:58 PM, Lawdwaz said:

I got those last year or two years ago.  Only had one occasion to wear them and it was Opening Day this year, I was pleasantly pleased with them after 10+ hours 15’ in the air. 

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:18 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

A size up. Pull the insert out put them on then put the boots on. Plenty of room in them, when you try to get your feet in with the insert in the boot it balls up at the toe and makes them feel tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one big downside to the baffins I own are that my size 14 has the footprint of a size 18 boot, literally huge.  One hunter walking behind me to the blind this year asked me what size foot I had because the prints were huge in the snow.   Makes them tough to maneuver in a stand with postage stamp size platform.  Are these boots the same?  Maybe its just the model I bought but I assume since they all have a thick liner, they all have the same issue.

For those folks that wear rubber boots I got a tip from a fellow on how to make them more resistant to cracking wear, a rubber preservative called 303. It seems to do a decent job of prevent early cracking, I have used it on an old pair of Lacrosse hip boots I used for Coon hunting and on the rubber bottoms of my LL Bean boots and Muck Chore boots. After several years so far so good.

Al

2019-12-19_094224.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

The one big downside to the baffins I own are that my size 14 has the footprint of a size 18 boot, literally huge.  One hunter walking behind me to the blind this year asked me what size foot I had because the prints were huge in the snow.   Makes them tough to maneuver in a stand with postage stamp size platform.  Are these boots the same?  Maybe its just the model I bought but I assume since they all have a thick liner, they all have the same issue.

Yea, I also have a size 14 and they’re big. Problem I had was finding creepers to fit them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/1/2019 at 11:17 AM, Will_C said:

I bought a pair of Kennetrek Northern PAC boots a few weeks ago. They were pricey (got them on sale at Midway) but so far so good-warmer than my Arctic Mucks and trim fitting for a PAC boot. Toughest test was 8 hours in 20 degree weather-good.

X2 Bot these last year and best boot I've worn in 60yrs hunting. Doubles up ice fishing too. I tried something last year and give this a try folks. The closed foam hot seat are unreal when you stand on one. Creates a insulating barrier between the ground and your foot/boot. I now carry any oversized one to stand on only. FT :-)

https://kenetrek.com/collections/pac-boots/products/10-northern

Edited by Freytown

https://www.mukluks.com/CamuksXtreme/productinfo/CAMXM/10789/#.Xf0YzuRYZol

This pair really has me interested.  Light, not overly big, flexible (water resistant although some reviewers said they do not leak even in water) and supposed to be very warm.  The reviews from the northern MN hunters makes me think these could be a great option for the ultimate warm hunting boot.  Anyone ever try them or know anyone that has a pair.  Not cheap, but not really crazy if they worked as advertised.

My kids bought me lithium Ion rechargeable electric socks last year for Christmas,, I used them this season on low setting with arctic muck boots and feet where nice and toasty on the cold mornings,,, around $30.00 ..

Also this year for my Birthday they bought me the Milwaukee heated coat which if you go online you can get in camo,, which is really nice and has heated pockets which really helps with battery life on your phone when its cold...

As mentioned Hot Hands and toe warmers have saved my butt many times,, the cold really gets into me now as Im getting a little older...

Now this may seem odd to many, as it first did to me, but I bought these boots for work one year and just happened to use them for hunting one day.  Amazingly, they kept my feet warm and dry in the snow all day while also being very comfortable and agile in the woods.  Traction and feel of the forest floor is very good.  I've walked in a lot of water with them too and they stay dry.  They're like "tactical" hunting boots.  LOL!

Believe it or not, I use them all the time for deer hunting now, with only one pair of wool blend socks on my feet, and am just surprised by how well they suit the task, not to mention how inexpensive they are.  I think this was the fourth season using them and they are still in like new condition.  Great value for the money.  I get them 1/2 size larger than normal for less foot restriction, which can stifle blood circulation.  I'm also partial to the side zipper for ease of use.

I have black as well as brown ones, but so far have only used the black ones for hunting.  The brown one's will be used when the black one's give up the ghost, which looks to be some time from now.

I don't know why they work so well, but I kid you not, I like them a lot.  BTW, my feet just turned 64 years old.  Keeping them warm should be hard, but it isn't with these.  For the money, I'd recommend giving them a try.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/hq-issue-men039s-waterproof-side-zip-tactical-boots?a=1564514

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/hq-issue-men039s-waterproof-8-side-zip-desert-boots?a=1580856

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

Now this may seem odd to many, as it first did to me, but I bought these boots for work one year and just happened to use them for hunting one day.  Amazingly, they kept my feet warm and dry in the snow all day while also being very comfortable and agile in the woods.  Traction and feel of the forest floor is very good.  I've walked in a lot of water with them too and they stay dry.  They're like "tactical" hunting boots.  LOL!

Believe it or not, I use them all the time for deer hunting now, with only one pair of wool blend socks on my feet, and am just surprised by how well they suit the task, not to mention how inexpensive they are.  I think this was the fourth season using them and they are still in like new condition.  Great value for the money.  I get them 1/2 size larger than normal for less foot restriction, which can stifle blood circulation.  I'm also partial to the side zipper for ease of use.

I have black as well as brown ones, but so far have only used the black ones for hunting.  The brown one's will be used when the black one's give up the ghost, which looks to be some time from now.

I don't know why they work so well, but I kid you not, I like them a lot.  BTW, my feet just turned 64 years old.  Keeping them warm should be hard, but it isn't with these.  For the money, I'd recommend giving them a try.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/hq-issue-men039s-waterproof-side-zip-tactical-boots?a=1564514

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/hq-issue-men039s-waterproof-8-side-zip-desert-boots?a=1580856

X2. I had a pair of hq tactical boots that I bought just to have but i ended using them for small game because they were so comfortable.  This was like 5 years ago but I ended up ripping them while hunting and couldn't find that same exact pair. It felt like I was wearing comfortable sneakers.  

• Like 1