Who ozone’s their clothes?

fadetoblack188

Who uses an ozone generator to get rid of the scent in their hunting clothing?

i used my scent crusher bag for the first time yesterday.  I put my clothes, beanie and face mask in it for 20 min.

i heard the ozone smell was suppose to go away after a short period of time in regular air.  I felt I smelt it all day in my stand and was still smelling pretty strong on my clothing when I got hone.  Is this normal?  Maybe I’ll do ten minutes next time instead of 20.

or maybe ozone them the night before and hang them overnight before going hunting. 

I do. I run an ozone machine in a closed closet the night before. By morning, there is still some residual smell, but nothing to worry about. I don't think the ozone smell on your clothes would give you away, if that's what you are worried about. You might have a better sense of smell than I do.

I use an ozone generator in a sealed in closet. I typically turn it on the night before I'm going to hunt and let it run all night. I have at times noticed the smell myself but can't say its had a negative impact on deer. I can say my sightings and amount of deer I've had in range has increased since I've started using it. On a side note the ozone itself is pretty hard on elastics such as waste bands and what not.

After going through this recent bout of Lyme Disease, until there is snow on the ground I will be saturating my hunting clothes in permethrin and basting myself with Deet to repel those stinking ticks.  That along with the stuff I use to clean and protect my firearms also add to the stench so to a Deer I will most likely smell like the inside of a chemical facility. I do not believe there is anything that will help me a whole lot masking all those scents except playing the wind to the best of my ability which is basically the way I have always hunted Deer and varmints anyway.

Al