What is your go to hearing protection ?

Jeremy K

Target shooting I just use muffs.  I've always been tempted to go the electronic route but just have this bad feeling about ending up with a defective pair that amplify instead of muffling and blow my eardrums out.

I started using the Otis Ear Shields for goose hunting after I read an article in a magazine about them and I really like them.  Light and muffle well but still allow you to hear talking and stuff.  I don't understand how they work, black magic I guess, but all that matters is that they do.

I use the walker razor's also.  It's probably a good idea to be able to hear the "Watch out!  Duck!" while at the range.

For eye protection I got these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BT92O8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got them because you can replace the those ear hooks with an elastic strap.  Those ear hooks bother me when I have the ear protection over it.  Presses it hard into my head and still leaves a little gap for noise to leak in.  I'm not a fan of these because they fog up like crazy.

I have a few pairs of Peltor hearing protection muffs.  There's been plenty of times I wish I had some foam earplugs in even when using them....like at Wolcott Gun Range. :)

I really don't like shooting at indoor ranges as the pounding from other guns in a small area it gets taxing.  An hour is a LONG time in there..............

I plan to start attending the gun range more , typically i just stick some foam ear plugs in and call it good. I'm just curious what you guys are using to protect your ears . I plan to use the range at wolcotts on walden over the winter.  Also if you have some eye protection you really like ,i would like to hear what you recommend . 
Got custom earplugs made at the audiologist. They're fantastic!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is my first year wearing electronic hearing protection.. In my 30s now and I get some ringing in my left ear from years of shooting.

Opening day I heard 4 does and a buck walking behind me with the volume turned up but unfortunately they spooked when I swung around to shoot the buck lol