Ice storm.

Nytracker

Teenage girl just took out SIL mailbox coming down a small hill. Mom and dad had to come pick up the car as she was to scared to drive . Dad drove her to work .

While I was outside  I watched town salt truck .. 6 wheel dump truck come down the other  hill sideways.  Back wheels got on shoulder and pulled him back in line ... just missed  guardrail  before the bridge. These were small hills . And they weren't going fast . 

Be careful out there today.  

Chemung county is where I'm at.

Nothing going on here in Webster . Was supposed to take daughter hunting this afternoon , but I called it off as I didn’t want to drive in ice and snow , so we better get ice and snow ! 

Shes got a whole 7 hours on stand this year , and the next opening is Friday but we gotta be back by 10 AM .

Ice is starting to accumulate here. Just walking to the garage and back was a little adventurous, and that’s on gravel. We were going to have our grandkids from Friday morning to this afternoon. We took them back to Rochester last night to avoid driving in this crap today. I was tired as hell and on the road til midnight, but today would have been a hellish round trip.

My buddy next door is down from Rochester and is currently in a hang on stand at the bottom of a creek bed. He’s a diehard. Me? I haven’t even got dressed for the day yet, and am waiting for football and grilled tenderloins. And no Bills game on today. Oh well, go Bills anyway!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Wife and I just got back from pulling down the 3 ground blinds. (Steuben county) Should have done it yesterday but didn’t want to disturbed our hunt . It is crappy out , be safe guys and girls . 

Well now I feel really lazy. I’ve got a hub blind in the bottom of a little gully 200 yds from my living room that I should have pulled yesterday and I don’t want to walk down there this morning. Hell, I’d have to get dressed first.

Maybe later, lol.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Nothing going on here in Webster . Was supposed to take daughter hunting this afternoon , but I called it off as I didn’t want to drive in ice and snow , so we better get ice and snow ! 

Shes got a whole 7 hours on stand this year , and the next opening is Friday but we gotta be back by 10 AM .

Yeah good call, I'm basically due west of where you hunt and my wife said the driveways a sheet of ice,  it's crappy down this way 8n. I'm debating if I should head home before it gets worse.

• Like 1

So glad I pulled the plug on today’s hunt on Friday. Lol. I slept in, the kids and I made my wife breakfast in bed for her birthday. Now her and my youngest are off to church and my oldest and myself are headed out to the garage to Butcher up the Thanksgiving Buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Well now I feel really lazy. I’ve got a hub blind in the bottom of a little gully 200 yds from my living room that I should have pulled yesterday and I don’t want to walk down there this morning. Hell, I’d have to get dressed first.

Maybe later, lol.

Lazy ? Or your just smarter than  I for not going out in this crap. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bigbuckdown2019 said:

Yeah good call, I'm basically due west of where you hunt and my wife said the driveways a sheet of ice,  it's crappy down this way 8n. I'm debating if I should head home before it gets worse.

That’s why I was glad to see this thread , real time reports from around the areas !  

She’s got to set aside dedicated hunting time ,she sat Sat AM and Sunday PM, opening week end , I’m convinced if she sat both ends of those days she’d have one .

Back to the storm , oh and our friends are going to the Giants game today , should be fun .....

• Like 1

I left Canadice at 6:30am today to get back home......I didn't need to shoot a doe (to give away) that bad that I wanted to monkey with driving home this afternoon in this crap.

Around Rt 98 and west on Rt 20 was terrible, all the way to Union Rd. Got home around 8:30am.  Local roads were bad around here but now they are just wet........

Nothing here yet in the hilltowns of Albany county, but the radar shows it's close. About 19 degrees. Forecasting up to a couple feet of snow here before it all ends Tuesday morning. We were supposed to have a family dinner today. Put it off to next week. Just me and Mrs grampy keeping warm by the fire. Will go out and snowblow and shovel after each ten inches or so to keep up with it. No big deal. This ain't my first snowstorm!

I need to see a pic of Biz's $600 mailbox!!!!!  :rolleyes:

• Like 1