if someone illegally leaves something on your property can you take possession of it?

Hunter007

25 minutes ago, Chef said:

Not saying he’s wrong to be annoyed about it but to think he can keep it is just insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So did you find a new hunting property yet ,  farther up ? Remember to pm me the address so  I can hunt there for free  while you pay the property tax like that  boater did .

Thanks buddy lol 

Let me write  

Joking .

Just incase this time .

Or you probably take me seriously lol 

Edited by Hunter007

1 minute ago, Chef said:

No bill he even called out on here the kind of car I was driving and where I was parked

Your  to much  , you posted picture of  your truck on here 

And  that place is near me .

I was actually never there when you were there . Lol 

,  would you like to buy some stock in the Brooklyn bridge that I own maybe   :)

Not at all unusual for boaters to tie up to a dock for motor problems, inclement weather, etc. I always thought boaters were some of the more considerate folks...there isn't any question of helping someone in a fix, etc. Probably just ran out of gas, or something similar.

• Like 1

Your  to much  , you posted picture of  your truck on here 
And  that place is near me .
I was actually never there when you were there . Lol 
,  would you like to buy some stock in the Brooklyn bridge that I own maybe   

Bro you even called out where in the lot I was. I also wasn’t the only member you creeped out that day

• Like 1

Just now, Daveboone said:

Not at all unusual for boaters to tie up to a dock for motor problems, inclement weather, etc. I always thought boaters were some of the more considerate folks...there isn't any question of helping someone in a fix, etc. Probably just ran out of gas, or something similar.

Definitely a possibility .

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

Bro you even called out where in the lot I was. I also wasn’t the only member you creeped out that day

Yea sure ok  like I am  a  demigod now  lol 

Educated guess I know the area well 

hehehe 

Your killing me here  

Going to give me a heart attack pretty soon I'm laughing so hard .

Edited by Hunter007

People take this kind of stuff one of two extremes in the boating world. One is laid back and easy going and the other is high-maintenance.

If it was some happenstance (mechanical failure or other emergency) it's taken in stride. If its purposeful, you pretty much committed a sin within the lower levels of Dante's Inferno.

The boating community is complex. I was exposed to some of that industry "down south" in my early 20s and boat sales/ongoing drama made a used car lot look like CSPAN on ludes. My boss had one of his boats burn up in an indoor marina fire. Millions of dollars in exposure for that claim...you should have seen the shenanigans coming out of that. People were making money left and right off of the claims. Boats magically became equipped with stuff that didn't exist. Boats "burned in the fire" magically reappeared with different paperwork. The amount of money in that community is indeed absurd though.

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Don't want to say what state this is in?

Not really not important, anyway   there are guys  on here that know .

Or should know if they followed  some of my earlier posts  .

I mean look at the trees in the pictures south obviously. 

But the dock rules are pretty much International if you need help break down you can use what ever dock you want .

Or else you need permission. 

1 minute ago, Hunter007 said:

Not really not important, anyway   there are guys  on here that know .

Or should know if they followed  some of my earlier posts  .

I mean look at the trees in the pictures south obviously. 

But the dock rules are pretty much International if you need help break down you can use what ever dock you want .

Or else you need permission. 

Actually you are not correct. States and even local or associations can have dock rules that add to those of the US. The reason I asked was becasue I did see the palm tree. Much like NY's trespass laws, I think we can all agree that is is unethical to trespass on others land or property even if not posted properly. BUT in SC for example you can NOT have someone arrested to Trespass for being on or using you dock unless the dock is clearly posted with very specific wording. 

16 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Actually you are not correct. States and even local or associations can have dock rules that add to those of the US. The reason I asked was becasue I did see the palm tree. Much like NY's trespass laws, I think we can all agree that is is unethical to trespass on others land or property even if not posted properly. BUT in SC for example you can NOT have someone arrested to Trespass for being on or using you dock unless the dock is clearly posted with very specific wording. 

Its Not south Carolina and there is a house on that property which has even more strict rules  . Then if it was just land there.

I guess there is no harm in showing you a little more of the property. 

I think , 

Thats salt water btw  

20190416_102443.jpg

20190421_124143.jpg

Edited by Hunter007