Getting a suspension upgrade Wednesday, Finally getting my knee replaced ..

rob-c

I am looking forward to finally getting it fixed, I tore my ligaments in it when I was 14 and  did a ton of damage to it. I was in a cast for 8 months .  The orthopedic said he does 18 replacements a week and mine is one of worst he’s ever seen. I put it off as long as I could. I dropped 50 lbs, that helped but still not enough  I am only 49 and average life span is 15-20 yrs for replacement. But this ortho surgeon will do revisions so when it wears out he can pop out the plastic piece  and snap a new one in. 
I am very active still and try to have as much fun as I can, so it hinders me in the gym, hunting,  riding the atv’s etc. 
I went 2 fridays ago to do my pre- admission,I had  special x-rays & CT scan to measure for the implant. Got my results back and my left leg is 7/8’s of a inch shorter than my right. I knew it was jacked but was a little surprised it was that much. 
Sorry for being long winded , but super excited. Going to rehab the hell out of this new knee to take full advantage of it. 
My hunting season is done , but I purposely waited till now. So I should be 100% for next year. 

2ED4B4D2-0E94-4060-8B1E-1D89552840A7.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hunter007 said:

Good luck I'm sure you will be fine my dad had his knee  replaced  sept 3 and  by hunting season was able to go out hunting with me opening day and he is 80  . 

Oh I’m not worried in the slightest. I’ve lived with the lack of mobility for so long, I am so looking forward to getting some back . 

Best of luck with your surgery and recovery. Rehab is, of course, the most important part of returning to everything you want to be doing. I’m twenty years out from a hip replacement and 16 years out from a knee replacement. Hunting, fishing, skiing, hiking and most everything else I was doing before. Gave up some high impact things but the rest of my body appreciates that. 
Replacement surgery has advanced tremendously, you’ll likely be overnight in the hospital and right into PT. 

Rehab can be a challenge but it’s the key to recovery. You’ll be glad you did it very soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 46rkl said:

Best of luck with your surgery and recovery. Rehab is, of course, the most important part of returning to everything you want to be doing. I’m twenty years out from a hip replacement and 16 years out from a knee replacement. Hunting, fishing, skiing, hiking and most everything else I was doing before. Gave up some high impact things but the rest of my body appreciates that. 
Replacement surgery has advanced tremendously, you’ll likely be overnight in the hospital and right into PT. 

Rehab can be a challenge but it’s the key to recovery. You’ll be glad you did it very soon. 

Yep , going into it with a very positive attitude. The more work I put in , the more my knee will improve . 

The only down side to having the knee replaced is the recovery time mine took 4 months. I'm still active and work for a living so I had to make it all the way back to full motion. The most important thing is to do what the doctor tells you no short cuts and go to all your PT. good luck!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Guthrie in Sayre PA . They are one of the top joint replacement hospitals around. 

Ok didn’t know if you’d be heading up this way . Daughter works in Pre and Post Opp. I’d ask her to make sure she marked correct one .

27 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ok didn’t know if you’d be heading up this way . Daughter works in Pre and Post Opp. I’d ask her to make sure she marked correct one .

Lol yeah I would hope they wouldn’t do the wrong one, I have 2 big scars on my knee now from the ligament repair.