Getting a suspension upgrade Wednesday, Finally getting my knee replaced ..

rob-c

11 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Hope you dont have to wait long  to find somebody else .

Well that’s the thing , not sure I want to switch to another ortho. This one Dr. Reynolds,  is very very good. 

Edited by rob-c

16 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Well how ya making out ? Any progress . I imagine  dr is going to be layed up a while .

Well , my new scheduled day is now March 3rd. That’s a full 12 weeks, they said he may be back sooner and I would be moved up. They gave me the option to go with another ortho but they all were booked out till the end of January beginning of February . Wife and I discussed it and  Reynolds has such a great reputation I really didn’t want to switch . Kinda sucks as December would have given me a full 6 month recovery before spring hit, but it is what it is. I’ve put up with my knee like this for many years so what’s a few more months. 

Well , my new scheduled day is now March 3rd. That’s a full 12 weeks, they said he may be back sooner and I would be moved up. They gave me the option to go with another ortho but they all were booked out till the end of January beginning of February . Wife and I discussed it and  Reynolds has such a great reputation I really didn’t want to switch . Kinda sucks as December would have given me a full 6 month recovery before spring hit, but it is what it is. I’ve put up with my knee like this for many years so what’s a few more months. 
Bah you'll be fine on 3 months no problemo. They're literally going to have you walking out the door same day as surgery anyways. It's a surprisingly quick heal and will be super excellent. They didn't think about squirting in the jelly crap in the meantime?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Bah you'll be fine on 3 months no problemo. They're literally going to have you walking out the door same day as surgery anyways. It's a surprisingly quick heal and will be super excellent. They didn't think about squirting in the jelly crap in the meantime?

Oh I know I’ll be up walking that night, then be going home next day. I had a lot of plans for the spring time and just wanted to be further along in the healing process by then. The ortho gave me a shot of the synvisc in June didn’t do a thing.

• Like 1

Oh I know I’ll be up walking that night, then be going home next day. I had a lot of plans for the spring time and just wanted to be further along in the healing process by then. The ortho gave me a shot of the synvisc in June didn’t do a thing.
Yep figured if they gave you some of that may have made things a little easier in the wait. My mom got some of that jelly stuff didn't help much either

5 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I'm hoping they can move my ACL replacement up a couple weeks, scheduled for the 21st of January right now.  Going.  To.  Suck.

I read your other post, I hope they can get ya fixed up. Good luck . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

I had ACL replacement in 1998.  Mine is still in place and functioning well.  (Seems like the only piece still functioning well!!)  It went through about 10+ years of heavy martial arts. Donor all the way.  Go with donor and don't look back.. Seriously...

OP: A new knee is just about certain in my future.  I am a number of years away and have not looked into it much. I do see different companies produce slightly different replacements. What is your doc going with?

40 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I had ACL replacement in 1998.  Mine is still in place and functioning well.  (Seems like the only piece still functioning well!!)  It went through about 10+ years of heavy martial arts. Donor all the way.  Go with donor and don't look back.. Seriously...

OP: A new knee is just about certain in my future.  I am a number of years away and have not looked into it much. I do see different companies produce slightly different replacements. What is your doc going with?

They said the type in my joint class but I don’t recall what it was. It’s a good one I do know that. The hospital I am going to , their knee and hip surgeons were voted as one of the best in the country . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
This is definitely less bad than a broken ankle.  6 days out and I can walk on it a little.  Being able to take a shower is cool too.  Spending 4 hours a day in the ROM machine, and doing stretched + ice is time consuming, but working!
Man 4 hours on that machine can definitely be tedious but can't you do that watching TV? Glad to hear the recovery is going nice and quickly! Keep us posted! You'll be back and better than ever for the spring hunting!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Man 4 hours on that machine can definitely be tedious but can't you do that watching TV? Glad to hear the recovery is going nice and quickly! Keep us posted! You'll be back and better than ever for the spring hunting!

Thanks man.  Yeah binge watched a season of building Alaska, the one with all hunting camps.  Today we're doing the Daniel Craig bond flicks in order. 

• Like 2

No crutches since Wednesday,started PT yesterday.  Weird how your quad muscle just doesn't work after this surgery.  The electrodes they zapped it with were cool.  That seems to be the first major hump in recovery, getting quad muscle to work again.  Back to work on Monday, then the real fun begins!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First couple days back at work were...... Not fun.  Finally got a Physical Therapist that I like, and it's made all the difference.  After my first session with him it felt like I really turned a corner.  Went from hobbling everywhere to walking almost normally.  Quad muscle is working, sleeping in my bed, not taking any pain meds.  Next goal is to get back on the elliptical.  Getting fat(ter).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...