Anyone wear a solid orange/blaze jacket and bibs?

Anyone wear solid orange or orange blaze pattern?

I'm thinking about getting solid orange for the next set of jacket and bibs I buy. I know it's far from a sexy camo pattern, but I wear an orange vest anyway, and I figure the orange on orange will make me less visible if I move my arms around in front of me. That, and it will make me safer in areas where there are other hunters . . . .

This is why I went with the BO camo. At least it has some blackened areas in the fabric that break-up your outline even if the deer really can NOT see the red/orange hues. I justify BO camo thinking it breaks up my outline or profile, esp if you don't has as good a s/u as in the above photo. Other times I'll wear a BO vest & hat to/from the stand and remove when I'm up in the tree. Who knows...?

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 1

I have always worn blaze orange during gun. I now wear a blaze orange vest over my red plaid jacket.I want to be seen by other hunters during gun season and I don't believe wearing some blaze orange is going to hurt my chances at shooting or seeing deer during gun season, it hasn't yet anyways.

• Like 1

During gun season, I wear just a blaze orange hat, when walking to and from my stand, regular camo jacket and bibs.  When I get up in the stand (out of the crossfire), I switch to a camo hat.   If I am sitting on the ground (which is normally only in the lower hunter density northern zone), I hang the orange hat above my head, then put on the camo hat.   

I use to wear a blaze orange camo jacket during gun, but the deer in our area often use wild turkeys as scouts, which can pick that stuff out from a mile away.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, greensider said:

I stopped wearing bright colors after being shot at twice when i was young the last 30 years its just camo but I only hunt private land where there should not be anyone else 

Did I hear you correctly someone purposely shot at you ?

Did you contact the cops ?

Funny you make this post.   The other day my friend who i hunt with, and grew up hunting with, was reminiscing about my first hunting outfit.  It was my old mans.  A solid blaze orange pants and jacket. I was a big ball of blaze orange in the woods.  And i did score a bunch of deer with that get-up.   

• Like 2

Wore solid BO coat for perhaps twenty some years, then went to a BO camo parka , that’s frankly to warm and bulky most times for me now .

I wear a minimum of BO vest and hat , I’m on private land as well , but often with in a rifle shot of other “ private “ land , then there’s trespassers , and oh ya the others I hunt with .

But then I also carry a tourniquet  ( it’s orange too ) and combat gauze afield .

I want to avoid being shot , and stop the leaking if I or more important a member of my party is . 

• Like 2

I hunt my own land and rarely ever see another hunter near where I'm hunting, so I don't wear blaze orange when I'm not moving.  Just wear a blaze hat when I move.  

If I thought I needed to wear a total neon orange suit and hat to hunt somewhere, I'd hunt somewhere else.

I have worn solid B0 for many years until it was too worn out to wear any longer. I now where camo jacket and pant with a BO vest and hat. I hunt private land but you never know what situation could arise. I have been hunting deer in NYS and others for 44 years. I never felt that BO hurt me or camo helped me in any way during gun season. As for bow I have shot deer wearing blue jeans. I’m not against camo but I also think it’s marketed to humans, so it’s what looks good to us. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Yes. Years ago I wore Blaze orange pants, blaze orange jacket and blaze orange hat. It was hand me downs from my grandfather. I was head to toe in orange. Still killed bucks from the ground.

@goosifer you got me pumped to look back at old pics. Here’s some head to toe orange pics. It was super bulky, but warm

20b9027adff7faac709db9a2a899e88d.jpg7abdc881449e4915830bdd41bc9b873e.jpg9658712a9ff271b7937717036a0a29c5.jpgb807b1cec50a212b031d5d2cca8aac75.jpg3d84c08dd3b1b002c317e82a67708f00.jpgfeea4da5ca3eb1e156080d95963a0269.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

I agree that it makes you more visible and is wise to wear, but...

When we spent a lot more time hunting the southern tier, there was no question of wearing plenty of orange. One well remembered day though, bright sun shiney, with several inches of fresh snow on the ground  my buddy and I were walking in line below a woods. We were both as orange as you could dress us, from orange bibs and parkas to hats and gloves. A shot rang out, close. Ed went face first into the snow, I went backwards. It happened so fast I was staring at the sky wondering why I was staring at the sky. We got up, not quite sure what happened, when we realized a guy was getting out of a tree about thirty yards away. We asked him if he shot....we were...rattled. He said yes, pointing in front of us to a corn field. Did you hit it? He didn't know. We said better check, and started walking where he pointed. Next thing we knew he was high tailing it in the opposite direction. We dumbly looked at each other, and realized the sob had shot at us, with the shot apparently going between us. 

Yes orange is a good idea. No it isn't fail safe. Be sure of your target and where your buddies are.

• Like 2