Viral video of a-holes torturing buck in Pennsylvania

Steuben Jerry

That was the best possible move in that particular situation (scoped 30/06 rifle, perfectly still deer, 50 yards away, no wind, good rest).    Thanks for bringing up what might be the best shot that I ever made on a deer.  This delicious Adirondack buck died instantly, guts came out as clean as a whistle, and meat loss was limited to a small neck roast.  It is like the gift that keeps on giving, thanks to a few of you fellas.   

1126161541.jpg.5ea1e5bbbcf4c9aa62c239dc288dbeee.jpg

No a Real Sportsmen would wait for a less risky shot as to lessen the chance of an animal to suffer. But then again a real Sportsmen does not target baby deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

No a Real Sportsmen would wait for a less risky shot as to lessen the chance of an animal to suffer. But then again a real Sportsmen does not target baby deer.

1.5 is "middle-aged" in NY.   .5's are the best eating though.  Fortunately, I am due for one of those this year (killing them has been an every other year thing for me over the past (38) seasons).  I think we just finished the last vacuum- sealed roast from the record-sized bb that I killed in 2018.  I can't tell the difference in taste between 1.5's and 3.5's.  I only target 1.5's after the mid-point of the seasons.  They are definitely tastier than unfilled tags.   

Exactly how much risk is there in hitting a 1 ft diameter kill zone from 50 yards, with a rifle that holds a 1" group at 100 yards ?  Did they teach math at your school, or maybe you have forgotten it ?   

I hunt for meat, not for sport, and I would never want to be known as "a sportsman", so thanks for the compliment.     

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crappyice said:

I would say the difference between torture and leaving an animal lie or dispatching in a less than savory manner is intent.

A Gut shot deer is gonna die and yes it is unfortunate that it will take so long. Leaving it lie allows for the best chance of recovery to utilize the kill(that’s the intent).
Dispatching trapped animals in various methods allows for the best price for the fur (intent).
The intent of those kids was torture and indefensible

One could argue a gut shot deer is torture. For example, Mr. Jones gutshot that deer so it would die a long painful death. His intent was not a humane death, even though it isn't so.

I agree, what the kids did was not ethical to me, but criminal charges against them could mean criminal charges against someone who does accidentally gutshoot a deer is what I fear could happen .

One could argue a gut shot deer is torture. For example, Mr. Jones gutshot that deer so it would die a long painful death. His intent was not a humane death, even though it isn't so.
I agree, what the kids did was not ethical to me, but criminal charges against them could mean criminal charges against someone who does accidentally gutshoot a deer is what I fear could happen .

ACCIDENTALLY GUTSHOOT ....your words.

no one INTENDS to gutshoot a deer.
Intent is clean kill/harvest the game

• Like 1

Maybe they were licensed hunters, then maybe they were not,  Was it some perverse video created by hunters or a creation by an anti-hunter.

Fact is there are licensed "hunters" out there who have a perverse mentality in regards to respecting wildlife, both protected and not protected. 

I worked with a couple of "men" who called themselves "hunters".  They told me how much they enjoyed killing deer.  I was not surprised as they TALKED all big and bad, and tried to project a tough guy image.  I found them pathetic and insecure.  Fact is both were NOT combat veterans or had ever served in the military.  I guess going to the combat zone to "human hunt" would have been too traumatic for these "hunters".

3 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Wolc-- Humans are designed to be Omivores.  That means Grains,Fruits,Vegetables,+ Meat.

Well as long as the whitetails are eating some grain, fruits, and vegetables, I guess I am getting some of that indirectly.   I believe I could get along just fine on such a straight-meat diet, much like the Inuit have been doing for centuries on reindeer.      

42 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

"Well as long as the whitetails are eating some grain, fruits, and vegetables, I guess I am getting some of that indirectly.   I believe I could get along just fine on such a straight-meat diet, much like the Inuit have been doing for centuries on reindeer.      

The Inuits get their veggies in wintertime by eating the stomach contents of the animals they kill... I have seen them do it...In fact, I have a video ( taken by my hunting partner) of my Inuit guide taking a slice of raw liver, dipping it into the stomach contents of a caribou I shot, and eating it...He went back for seconds and then licked his fingers...

Of course, they also get canned veggies that are delivered on the barge that comes into Gjoa Haven one time per summer...

I almost said they BUY them, but  as natives they don't buy much...The government ( meaning people who actually work for a living)  provides them with everything they need...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

The Inuits get their veggies in wintertime by eating the stomach contents of the animals they kill... I have seen them do it...In fact, I have a video ( taken by my hunting partner) of my Inuit guide taking a slice of raw liver, dipping it into the stomach contents of a caribou I shot, and eating it...He went back for seconds and then licked his fingers...
Of course, they also get canned veggies that are delivered on the barge that comes into Gjoa Haven one time per summer...

I almost said they BUY them, but  as natives they don't buy much...The government ( meaning people who actually work for a living)  provides them with everything they need...

Sounds like a guy we know that enjoys Jizz dipped Deer Nut's!

56 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

One of the keys to getting essential vitamins from meat is to not overcook it.    Liver is particularly high in vitamin content (even vitamin C).   I don't eat it quite raw, but pretty close, especially when it is from a button-buck.   I had not saved the liver from a deer more than 6 months old for a long time, until last fall.   I saved the one out of my 3.5 year old buck and it was surprisingly good.  I still have 1/3 of that one in the freezer, maybe I will fry it up rare next weekend. The key to making it tender, was keeping the raw liver in the fridge for a week before freezing.   That tenderizes it by getting it past the rigor mortis stage, which is never an issue with 6 month old livers.

40 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Sounds like a guy we know that enjoys Jizz dipped Deer Nut's!

As far as the nuts go, it is all about the black pepper.  Add enough of that, and they taste similar, but better than oysters from the sea.   I got to thank Steve Rinella for that trick.  Forget about the butter though. Olive oil works just as good for frying them up and is healthier for you.  If you decide to give them a try, don't forget to make a slit through the outer membrane prior to frying, or they will explode in the pan making a big mess.        

Edited by wolc123

As far as the nuts go, it is all about the black pepper.  Add enough of that, and they taste similar, but better than oysters from the sea.   I got to thank Steve Rinella for that trick.  Forget about the butter though. Olive oil works just as good for frying them up and is healthier for you.  Don't forget to make a slit through the outer membrane prior to frying, or they will explode in the pan making a big mess.        

Yeah and I bet the bigger they are the stronger the Jizz for you to enjoy. Don't forget to wipe that chin.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Yeah and I bet the bigger they are the stronger the Jizz for you to enjoy. Don't forget to wipe that chin.

The problem is, most folks don't have the balls to give them a try. 

Edited by wolc123

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I recently read a book about an arctic expedition in 1820 where their Indian guide (Chippewa, IIRC) ate dead moose fetus raw. Different strokes . . . .

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

I really thought that( eating Buck Nuts) was a Joke in the Deer Forum. Why would you eat those knowing that when people at work ,when they look at you are reflecting on that??  

No Joke.  I will never leave them in the gut pile again.   After you learn how to properly prepare them, they are very good.   I will also try and save at least (1) liver from a mature deer (that means 1.5 year plus for me) each season from now on.   I use to only carry a couple of 1 quart zip-lock bags in my pack, which easily hold the heart and nuts, but now I will carry a gallon bag for the livers.    

Like I have said repeatedly, the only thing holding folks back, is not having the balls. 

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Glad to see the judge gave a fairly hard sentience fitting for his age. 

I agree. When this story first came out, I was of the mindset that they should get jail time. For a 17 year old, that doesn’t seem to have any other record,  jail is just going to make him a worse person for the experience. 15 years is a damn long time to not be able to hunt. It’s going to be pretty shameful having to speak in public about his actions. I hope there’s some good counseling along the way too.

• Like 2

And we let  drug dealers murderers child molesters out on bail ..  15 years is to long .
It's a 15 year hunting ban, not jail time. And studies show that this exact type of behavior often leads to violent crimes against humans in the future. Maybe this penalty prevented a future rape, assault or worse. I think it's a fair sentence.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's a 15 year hunting ban, not jail time. And studies show that this exact type of behavior often leads to violent crimes against humans in the future. Maybe this penalty prevented a future rape, assault or worse. I think it's a fair sentence.

Should be a lifetime ban these people are clearly psychopaths and should have been 5 years in jail

Call Me The Teflon Don

Should be a lifetime ban these people are clearly psychopaths and should have been 5 years in jail

Call Me The Teflon Don

I don't fully disagree at all. But I'm happier with the outcome than the one I expected them to get. I expected loss of privileges for 1 year and a $200 fine. Within 15 years they'll probably be in jail anyways.

• Like 2

I never watched the video nor do I care to . Yes I find it disturbing.  I dont condone  that behavior.. I believe in some kind of psychological  intervention . Community  service ...  I am not a psychiatrist  nor did I play one on TV. 

Pay a fine do the time .  When all that is accomplished.... I believe after reviewing  all the end results on a case by case situation they could have their hunting rights back in 5 or so years ...  If deemed  acceptable.  If found lacking no. But just throwing a 15 year  loss of hunting privilege  seems excessive. 

I never watched the video nor do I care to . Yes I find it disturbing.  I dont condone  that behavior.. I believe in some kind of psychological  intervention . Community  service ...  I am not a psychiatrist  nor did I play one on TV. 
Pay a fine do the time .  When all that is accomplished.... I believe after reviewing  all the end results on a case by case situation they could have their hunting rights back in 5 or so years ...  If deemed  acceptable.  If found lacking no. But just throwing a 15 year  loss of hunting privilege  seems excessive. 
If you watch the video it may change your mind. I don't blame you for not though...

8 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Thank you for posting this , so often one never learns the outcome . Personally I’m ok with the sentence , as It’s more then I thought , although I would have made it a lifetime hunting ban , although it’s unlikely any “ ban “ will keep him out of the woods , just another charge to tack on next time he’s caught .

Id like to see the D.E.C. Knock on his door about 9AM opening day , as well .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1