thinkin' new boat in the spring.....

Robhuntandfish

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

just ask Andrew - lol - when we were on Erie in heavy surf- inside that breakwall seemed like a great spot to fish to me!! 

And hell Pygmy was singing in 6 footers too!  

Did you try to radio for help and Andrew came up behind you and smashed the radio to smithereens?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Love my Deep-V Tracker!  Excellent boat for camping and fishing!  Fits much more gear than a flat bass boat.  Mine is only 14 ft but gets the job done in the small lakes of Saranac which are the only lakes it has ever been on.  Best of luck with your new rig! 

post-1186-0-89816000-1467462876_thumb.jpg

Edited by NFA-ADK
  • Like 1

I did a trade in which was def less than selling it outright but it kinda worked out.  As there is a discount cause it was last years model over this years, a spring discount and $500 bass pro card. So it makes up the difference.  And they gave me a fair trade.  It was pleasure dealing with them, two days and they had info and trade in offer all together.  A place i was looking at a lund couldnt get it together in three weeks!   If the one model better had a little different seating i prob would have went for that one as its deeper and wider and more HP - but this should suit me just fine.    Plus i need to get a brush hog this spring too! And if I went any bigger Andrew would make me go on the big lakes with it! lol  Long wait til spring now for sure.  Might have to go to Utica Bass pro just to visit it over the next two months! 

I like the rear seat in the floor is in the middle of boat (passenger seat will go there), I dont like the double seats in rear, and most boats in this size have a portable tank and this has a 12 gallon inside it. Its also 5" wider and 5" deeper than my old boat.  Not planning on taking on 6fters so should be fine.  

autopilot troll motor is gonna be a game changer.  Only issue is these come as a package deal only so had to buy the troll motor i wanted seperate and will have to sell the one that comes on it.  But thats ok.    

new boat 2.jpg

new boat 4.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

Love my Deep-V Tracker!  Excellent boat for camping and fishing!  Fits much more gear than a flat bass boat.  Mine is only 14 ft but gets the job done in the small lakes of Saranac which are the only lakes it has ever been on.  Best of luck with your new rig! 

you look like you're having a good time haha. I used to fish in conditions like this, and must admit I've turned into a flip flops and beer fisherman post kids. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

looks like you do some island camping?  Did that one time on Putman pond and had a great time.  Caught bass and muskie and the worm in a bottle of tequila! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

54" Minn kota front mount 42# with foot pedal .   If your interested let me know and when i get it will send you a pm and will def give you a great deal. 

OK....sounds good! Thanks. 

One on my boat started to act up a little last year. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

SCORE !!! Congrats on the new rig !!

With this weather Oneida will be opened back up in no time

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Guys are out there on the ice. But it is sketchyyyy....   They are spudding their way out and going around bad spots.  But folks are nailing them. 

Def looking forward to open water!  Thanks and Thanks for all your help too on me asking about a million boats. 

• Like 1

Nice rig Rob, Congratulations!

They always say that the two happiest days of a boat owners life are the day he buys a boat and the day he sells it!  But I have never believed that, all the days in between are what its all about! 

• Like 1