thinkin' new boat in the spring.....

Robhuntandfish

5 hours ago, Otto said:

Nice rig Rob, Congratulations!

They always say that the two happiest days of a boat owners life are the day he buys a boat and the day he sells it!  But I have never believed that, all the days in between are what its all about! 

9 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Sweet Rig Rob...Great time to buy a boat guys!

Thanks guys. Tough time to sell but good time to buy for sure.  I ended up trading in.  And have always had a boat since I was 14.  

My folks had a party barge and always went out for perch when we camped on the st Lawrence.  I got myself a 10ft Jon boat for $50. Had leaks all over it that I fixed with metal from road signs, a lot of silicone and a pop rivit gun.  Lol.  Put a troll motor on it and took it out.  Caught some monster walleye in that. Even hooked a musky once.  I was there camping for 10 days and every day came in with a 6-9 lb walleye in my little boat.  After 5 days of that had three boats following me out in the morn. Lol. 

• Like 5

Apparently when u buy a tracker you also get 10 - 20 percent off all Bass pro purchases for a year as well. Was reading thru the paperwork.  Pretty cool perk. Dunno if that's guns and all but will ask when paperwork and delivery is done in a few days.  They are going to store it for me too in shrink wrap til spring.  

• Like 7

^^but, but.. don't ya just want to go out and sit in it and imagine you're fishing?

I'd even be up for that!

Lots of planning goes into "the program".

I'd be lying if I said I never sat in my boat, for long periods of time while it was in my driveway.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 1/25/2020 at 9:03 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

Apparently when u buy a tracker you also get 10 - 20 percent off all Bass pro purchases for a year as well. Was reading thru the paperwork.  Pretty cool perk. Dunno if that's guns and all but will ask when paperwork and delivery is done in a few days.  They are going to store it for me too in shrink wrap til spring.  

it should be for guns too, because we all know after you buy them they fall off your boat into the lake.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, grampy said:

Hey Rob, can you at least rub some fish on that new carpet? To get that good fish stank, that all good fishing boats have? Never too early! Just saying......

Best of luck with that beautiful new rig sir.

Lol. Best I can do is eat a filet o fish on it right now.  Til lake opens anyway. 

And this one doesn't have carpet. Vinyl flooring. So no stank or lures stuck in carpet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

Hey Rob were you happy with your service from Bass Pro/Cabela's? I just got a flyer and am seriously considering a new Garmin fish finder and they are offering free install.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

the tracker sales and service in Utica was great ! Best place i went to looking at boats.  They dont sell on commission its all a national price and package.  They gave me a fair trade and i am buying a extra seat and they suggested what to buy that was cheaper than an official tracker seat, and also a cheaper way to hookup rod holders.  They are also going to put together seat parts and mounts for free.  Also they said - we understand its NY in the winter - they resealed boat and storing it for free til April 1.  Def recommend them! Service dept and sales were both great .  

• Like 1