thinkin' new boat in the spring.....

Robhuntandfish

Got to touch my boat today....just sayin....lol

Went out to bass pro and bought an extra seat and some rod holders and new life vests.  They had a marine sale and I have $500 gift card for buying the boat.  

Buddy Corey is looking for a new bow.  He is liking the Diamond Provider.  Seemed like a nice rig.  

• Like 2

What...two days in a row at Bass pro... Yup!  

Did some research on fish finders and upgraded the one coming on new boat.  Not a top end model but should suit me well and it has good reviews. And used Bass pro gift card to get it, 10 percent off and a $100 rebate from manufacturer.  So pretty good deal. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/Lowrance-HOOK2-7X-SplitShot-GPS-Plotter-Fishfinder?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&affcode_c=&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7aPyBRChARIsAJfWCgIbrzh6beg6HKhJKXbTiOsbl43rsrYXWnZg9R_iT92suauZDwoYej0aAi3_EALw_wcB

000-14305-001_01.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

What...two days in a row at Bass pro... Yup!  

Did some research on fish finders and upgraded the one coming on new boat.  Not a top end model but should suit me well and it has good reviews. And used Bass pro gift card to get it, 10 percent off and a $100 rebate from manufacturer.  So pretty good deal. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/Lowrance-HOOK2-7X-SplitShot-GPS-Plotter-Fishfinder?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&affcode_c=&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQiA7aPyBRChARIsAJfWCgIbrzh6beg6HKhJKXbTiOsbl43rsrYXWnZg9R_iT92suauZDwoYej0aAi3_EALw_wcB

000-14305-001_01.jpg

I need a new fish finder to replace the 20 year old, intermittently working one on that came on the Starcraft I picked up last year. I was looking at Humminbirds but this looks nice, and at a good price point too.

1 hour ago, TreeGuy said:

Which electric did you end up getting ?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Terranova 55# with autopilot.  Doesn't have the link but has the autopilot, foot pedal and remote.  Fish finder also isnt a touch screen etc.  But it does have down and side imaging.  Def needed a foot pedal for bass fishing and wanted autopilot for slow trolling.  So they don't link etc. But that's ok, don't need it where I go.  But I can still lock waypoints on depth finder if I want to. 

46 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I need a new fish finder to replace the 20 year old, intermittently working one on that came on the Starcraft I picked up last year. I was looking at Humminbirds but this looks nice, and at a good price point too.

When I get boat I am gonna sell the one that came with it of your interested. It's a low end lowrance but would def give you a good deal on it. I just wanted to upgrade a bit with something with down imaging and a larger screen. Got a 7" screen now.  

Some of the touch screen models that have are amazing but also a lot of $. Some of them are 2-3k. But a lot of features I wouldn't ever use. I just basically want to turn it on and see depth and mark fish. 

On 2/15/2020 at 1:06 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

Got to touch my boat today....just sayin....lol

Went out to bass pro and bought an extra seat and some rod holders and new life vests.  They had a marine sale and I have $500 gift card for buying the boat.  

Buddy Corey is looking for a new bow.  He is liking the Diamond Provider.  Seemed like a nice rig.  

pure upstate ny right here. We spend our winters doing any little thing we can to prep for spring and summer because as soon as it hits you turn into a sun up to sun down yard work, spring cleaning, turkey hunting and fishing fool.

Right now I'm organizing hunting gear. Trying to clean up some stuff in the garage before I freeze. Getting ALL my inside projects done. I've also caught up on a bunch of shows and movies :(

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Belo said:

pure upstate ny right here. We spend our winters doing any little thing we can to prep for spring and summer because as soon as it hits you turn into a sun up to sun down yard work, spring cleaning, turkey hunting and fishing fool.

Right now I'm organizing hunting gear. Trying to clean up some stuff in the garage before I freeze. Getting ALL my inside projects done. I've also caught up on a bunch of shows and movies :(

This exactly! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Will be setting it up tomorrow. 55 degrees and working on the boat does the heart some good! 
My buddy Corey went with me and he bought a new bow. Diamond Provider.  New toys for spring! 
Please keep count of how many fish you catch tomorrow.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up my new boat (I was surprised no mad max types highway jacked me after all the end of days predictions on the CV thread)...

Anyhoo saw you’re boat there rob looks sweet (btw we are Merc 40 brothers):

E72A5DEE-B0BB-4933-B81C-69E5AAAE7E8D.jpeg

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Just picked up my new boat (I was surprised no mad max types highway jacked me after all the end of days predictions on the CV thread)...

Anyhoo saw you’re boat there rob looks sweet (btw we are Merc 40 brothers):

E72A5DEE-B0BB-4933-B81C-69E5AAAE7E8D.jpeg

She's a beauty!!!!!!!!! Better days of fishing are coming!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

She's a beauty!!!!!!!!! Better days of fishing are coming!! 

My merc 40 is on a bass buggy 16...I think yours is gonna go a little faster ha

This is how much fun we’ve had on ours so far...

C50EB615-9D49-4FA7-82C1-85D20D80F336.thumb.jpeg.b15a0502511dd4c97b3b2785405cf3a8.jpeg2B9550B0-ACCE-4A88-9E56-D3FECC84DC26.thumb.jpeg.17ac8a89f33d6df5a0ca2779fa3a48a4.jpegI’ll prolly take the wrap off in the next couple days

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...