Self done euro..

Bolt action

Brain is a bit of a challenge. I tried sticking a wire have in there and scrambling them out but it wasn't as effective as I'd hoped. I may just hack saw the back tomorrow.
Bend some coat hanger into a small loop shaped like a P and put it into your cordless drill. Wear eye protection and facemask, haha! Long tweezers for that pesky membrane stuck at the bottom.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Make your own and save some cash. Super simple. Buy a small trash can, a hot water heater element, some watertight epoxy or chaulk and a cord for the element. Done. I'll take pics of mine if I can find it. Cost me right around $20.

3 minutes ago, Zem18 said:

Make your own and save some cash. Super simple. Buy a small trash can, a hot water heater element, some watertight epoxy or chaulk and a cord for the element. Done. I'll take pics of mine if I can find it. Cost me right around $20.

I agree. I don't need one. Was just curious if anyone actually bought that thing

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 12:41 PM, Lawdwaz said:

You must be married, otherwise you'd be doing that on the kitchen stove.

Good call.... :)

can't speak for him but if i wasn't married it wouldn't matter. i'd still be doing it no in the house. smelly process for sure.

21 hours ago, crappyice said:

Interesting....Oxiclean IN the boil? That could help break the grease I bet. Sorry if I was confusing but I made a paste of Oxiclean and water AFTER I did the boil and meat removal. Put the Oxiclean on and let site for 12-16 hours before chipping it off and rinsing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i use oxyclean in the boil too. wisk works well or anything mild that will cut the grease.

18 hours ago, Bolt action said:

Brain is a bit of a challenge. I tried sticking a wire have in there and scrambling them out but it wasn't as effective as I'd hoped. I may just hack saw the back tomorrow.

Keep scrambling and boiling ,eventually you can grab it by the antlers and shake it out. 

14 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Do you then cover the picked clean skull with Oxiclean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope. simmer it in bulk 40 volume peroxide water solution for like 10 minutes. the oxiclean is only to degrease it.

1 part water, 3 parts peroxide.

Edited by dbHunterNY
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Keep scrambling and boiling ,eventually you can grab it by the antlers and shake it out. 

i don't scramble too much. bought long surgical forceps on the net that are slim enough to get in, grab it, and pull it out. pressure washer flushs out the rest.

Edited by dbHunterNY

16 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I just paint the peroxide on straight.

there's liquid (clear) and then more of a shampoo consistency. shampoo like stuff i'll brush on but i like the liquid and simmering. it gets in all the hard to reach spots and i'll never be done and realize one spot didn't get as much. kind of a waste if you're not doing more than one skull though. i get my stuff from a hairdresser surplus store around here called Sally's.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:18 PM, Bolt action said:

I used a spade bit in my cordless drill.