Looking for New Harness Suggestions

Cabin Fever

I prefer a rock climbing harness as well. For me the pros are no fear of suspension trauma, easier to self rescue with the rope in the front and able to add and remove clothing layers easily without disconnecting. My cons are more difficult to take a leak, most climbing harnesses don't double as a linemans belt unless you modify them, takes a moment longer to put on. Regarding time to put on, if I had bought a speed harness it would be as fast or faster but I opted for a entry level model. Regarding linemans belt, I just use the generic harnesses that came with my stands when I need a linemans belt to hang sets.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm not sure they would be a 100% replacement to the rock climbing harness option (I'm not sure if they are rated to handle a fall from a treestand), but you may want to consider one of the tree saddles that are currently on the market (aerohunter.us, tethrdnation.com, trophyline.com).  I've used a saddle as a portable hunting option with my climbing sticks and platform as well as in my pre-hung treestands throughout this past hunting season.  It has worked out well for me and is quite comfortable.  Just another option to ponder.

Edited by escpen

I know nothing about rock climbing, but these harnesses look more like fall prevention equipment than fall arrest equipment. To my way of thinking, you would need to be tethered close to the tree so that you could not fall.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, cdbing said:

I know nothing about rock climbing, but these harnesses look more like fall prevention equipment than fall arrest equipment. To my way of thinking, you would need to be tethered close to the tree so that you could not fall.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Regardless of which one you go with ,you shouldn't have any slack in the tether . 

• 2 weeks later...