blackbeltbill

If You Remember This Shocking Upset- You Are Old!

Barkley won the rematch with Thomas Hearns also.  Roberto Duran who lost to Hearns brought himself back to life by defeating Iran Barkley with a huge late round Knockdown of Barkley and winning the Middleweight Title. Memory Lane.

• Like 1

Those were the glory days of boxing! Legendary middle weight fights with Hearns, Leonard, Hagler, Duran. Rather watch these guys go at it than any of the Ali fights! Okay, so I'm an old fart!!

• Like 1

Just watched a documentary on boom boom Mancini.  He was an awesome fighter before killing the Korean boxer.  Leonard was praising boom boom’s ability to throw bombs for 15 rounds.    Said he could never fight like that. 

• Like 1

Thus was the time period when I was really into boxing... Ring magazine and all. Hearns  Hagler May be the greatest fight ever ... debatable for sure. 

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still

Barkley shows up at the International Boxing Hall Of Fame weekend frequently here he is a couple of years ago  signing my Ring Record Book.

Yes I am old, I was more shocked when Duran beat Barkley than when Barkley beat Hearns.

2019-12-05_144916.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

Serious Dogs For Serious Work

I was in the stands at this shocking upset, December 3 1970 9 to 1 underdog Billy Backus from Canastota NY defeats the legendary Jose Napoles in Syracuse at the War Memorial.

2019-12-05_210754.png

Edited by airedale

Serious Dogs For Serious Work