Bucks that Make Even Steuben Co. Jealous

moog5050

crazy mass. from the link it says that they're from WI where it went from closed to hunting to practicing QDM in one shot. no surprise they're big but still blows your mind. photos probably don't do them enough justice either. i've posted a dead head from QDM co-op land out here that's the biggest i've ever seen out this way. 3+" thick beams but that isn't even quite as big as them. true giants.

2 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

crazy mass. from the link it says that they're from WI where it went from closed to hunting to practicing QDM in one shot. no surprise they're big but still blows your mind. photos probably don't do them enough justice either. i've posted a dead head from QDM co-op land out here that's the biggest i've ever seen out this way. 3+" thick beams but that isn't even quite as big as them. true giants.

Does Buffalo County, WI still have the most B&C bucks? I know for a while it did.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

That could take weeks ,it was well over a month when I did it.

damn. good thing moog posted photos then! probably a disappointment seeing bucks on there anyway. we'll never be WI out here.  same as we'll never be WNY. We do grow some slammers if we can keep the poachers at bay that now know where to go for scenic drives. top two bucks both got taken by tresspassers/poachers this year.

9 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

honestly i don't really keep up on B&C and other record books.

I don't have them either, i just remember these maps. A bit old, but that 96-05 map shows nearly all of Wisconsin with 51+ entries. BOONERS

whitetailmaps.jpg

61jO1PSMiqL._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

SE Wisconsin is supposed to be similar to Iowa or Kansas.  These were both killed in NW Wisconsin according the OP.

I bet we could get a big discount if we did a NY Forum Trip out west. 8-10 forum members book an entire camp for a week!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I don't have them either, i just remember this map.

whitetailmaps.jpg

if i was to take an educated guess i'd say the orange and red has migrated down the mississippi river basin a bit more and out toward Ohio. it's funny to see how concentrated areas were before when book bucks were largely due to age and genetics. habitat work, food plots, etc (nutrition) were a forethought i feel like.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

if i was to take an educated guess i'd say the orange and red has migrated down the mississippi river basin a bit more and out toward Ohio. it's funny to see how concentrated areas were before when book bucks were largely due to age and genetics. habitat work, food plots, etc (nutrition) were a forethought i feel like.

Agree. Kentucky and rising the ranks rapidly! Wyoming gets a lot of good whitetails now too. As does Missouri, Oklahoma, etc.

7 minutes ago, YFKI1983 said:

Hate to be cynical but are these fair chase? Racks look almost too big for the deer that's carrying them.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I believe so. Check out all these monsters taken on bowsite (no gun kills allowed), so these are all 2019 bow kills. Midwestern Bucks are a whole other animal

https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=486144&messages=262&forum=4

34 minutes ago, YFKI1983 said:

Hate to be cynical but are these fair chase? Racks look almost too big for the deer that's carrying them.

According to the thread yes.  The bigger one looks like it was taken by a youngish kid.

35 minutes ago, YFKI1983 said:

By the way, the 185" that I saw at WNY Bowhunter's was not a very big bodied deer.  I think Jason said around 155lbs.