I really want a new crossbow....but.....

ApexerER

3 hours ago, ny hunter said:

There is a guy selling the camx cross bow in the classifieds......I bought one and I am very happy with it so far..

The CamX is a great hunting bow... and his price ($285) as I recall was outstanding. Get that and don’t look back.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:36 PM, Cory said:

Excalibur is the only choice imo. Can’t beat the durability, accuracy, weight and being able to change your string if need in the field. 

My Scorpyd DS is light, fast, well made, dependable and I can change the string / cables easily without a bow press. I actually put a new string on up at our cabin in the woods during hunting season. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My vision is not what it used to be . With that said I had a hard time focusing with the scope on my crossbow ! I have no idea about this but is there a crossbow out there with over-under sights ? As in iron sight under the scope ? Might sound silly but I had a chance at a quick shot but couldn't focus in time ! Little off topic ... sorry !

Edited by GreeneHunter

30 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

My vision is not what it used to be . With that said I had a hard time focusing with the scope on my crossbow ! I have no idea about this but is there a crossbow out there with over-under sights ? As in iron sight under the scope ? Might sound silly but I had a chance at a quick shot but couldn't focus in time ! Little off topic ... sorry !

Red dot seems like a viable quick acquisition option and easy focus.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

Kind of strange, since most hunter's with vision issues levitate to scopes over open sights..:dontknow:

BUT ... Do know one person who had similar issues with a scope and installed TruGlo handgun type sights on his Xbow. Assuming it's all about where you sight-in the Zero on open-sights and knowing the over/under for different yardages. Thought he was crazy for doing this, but he loves the difference. So.. whatever floats your boat!!

On 1/19/2020 at 2:49 PM, GreeneHunter said:

I have a red dot on mine, was ok for shooting in the yard on sunny days , when I shot my buck in the woods early AM , the dots were all blurry ,( I use readers , but not hunting ) I kept moving closer and back trying to get a clear sight picture , finely said F it and just put the blurry dot on the deer.

Since , in my research I’ve read of guys using the lowest power readers ,with their red dot scopes, try it with your scope .

With the exception of a long trigger pull I really really like my Centerpoint Sniper 370.  I think I paid $240 for it in 2016 and it has killed a buck every year and several does.  Today's Sniper 370 doesn't have all the extras that mine has but they are still great crossbows.  If I ever decide to upgrade it will definitely be another Centerpoint.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...