Weekend plans

wolc123

Sometimes I envy the retired guys and the ones with lots of extra vacation time who can hunt thru the week all the time.   I have to do most of my deer hunting on the weekends.   Last holiday weekend I was away, so my local spots have had a real good rest from hunting pressure.  I am looking forward to some action, which has been lacking for me since the first hour of opening day.   My plans for Saturday, are to hunt my favorite hang-on stand in the woods over at my folks place in the morning, eat lunch with them, then head back to my big comfortable two-story blind at the edge of the woods until dark.

I am going to "force" some action,  by bringing along my pellet gun for the afternoon hunt.  The area around that blind has been infested with gray squirrels this year.  They have been running right up around the rails of my blind, taunting me as I sit there with my slug gun, waiting in hopes that deer will show up.  They will be in for a surprise tomorrow.   There is not room for much more venison in our freezer right now, but plenty for a few squirrels.   I will be very happy with a single grey squirrel thru the weekend.  Anything more is just a bonus.  I will also have my slug gun with me the blind, just in case a deer shows up (still have (3) dmp's and my buck tag).  The pellet gun should be silent enough to not scare away any deer.       

Headed to Gillette stadium in the morning for a work function, staying in mass Saturday night. Going home sunday. Will stay home till the kid goes to bed to spend some time with him, then it’s off to camp to hunt Monday Tuesday with the ML... or at least get it sighted in Monday am and then hunt Monday PM and Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk