Big thank you

Chef

I just wanted to throw out a big thank you to all of you guys! I harvested my first deer with a muzzleloader today, a spike under 3 inches. I got to camp last night, woke up this morning and went to pick up the ML after having the new scope mounted. As I got there they were just finishing cleaning the gun. They had actually sighted it in for me that morning. I took it home redialed it in using Blackhorn 209 and waited for my buddy to arrive. We decided which stand we would each sit and started walking. About half way to my stand this guy ran in front of me and stopped broadside at about 40 yards with a clear shot. I fired and he hunched up and slowly walked off. I knew right then and there he was gut shot. I watched Him bed down at about 90 yards. I reloaded and fired he Immediately flopped his way down the hill and came to a stop. I went back to the house to get the ATV and meet my buddy.

First shot really hit the liver and just nicked the stomach. 2nd shot I aimed for the neck as it was all I Could really see, I hit the head and basically blew off one of his ears. Hence no real pics of the head lol.

I just wanted to say this deer belongs just as much to all of you for all the great advice! It really is a honor to be apart of just a great community.

Thank you all

a079ab3fdafdb65a5c1e41887326bfbe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 43

Congrats bud!! That blackhorn is the way to go it seems 

It for sure was, I didn’t have time to get the special plug but you were right it can be used without it. For sure cleaner and very accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1