Skull Hooker

My wife thinks euros are creepy.  She doesn’t gripe about shoulder mounts so in the interest of cooperation my 2 euros were relegated to my basement hunting room.   Bought these cheaper skull hookers on Amazon.   They work great.  Easy on and off but secure.  Plus you can tilt euro or turn it side to side.  Not bad for $20.  

2E959A8B-1D3B-48E3-92BD-1FA9EDD7F2DD.jpeg

C0C5CDB2-500A-442B-B724-30DFD6572ED1.png

• Like 16

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

I'm gonna have to get a couple of these, I think I paid $50 for my previous skull hookers. I've seen guys on YouTube make some pretty nifty ones too. Nothing classier than a Euro on a skull hooker in my opinion!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

The original skull hooker may be a better product.   Never seen one in person.  These do a pretty good job with reasonable adjustability for $20.  

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

I prefer the shoulder mounts too.  But these are fine for the hunting room. 

Are those this years bucks Brian? Both are real nice. But that drop tine buck is really cool! I've never killed one of those, but always wanted to.

11 hours ago, grampy said:

Are those this years bucks Brian? Both are real nice. But that drop tine buck is really cool! I've never killed one of those, but always wanted to.

Top was bow.   Bottom is a dead head we found at my place several years ago (another gut shot buck) that I strongly suspect was the offspring of this guy.   He would have been really cool in a few years.  

6F822DB2-76A7-4475-9FF6-12B678A1176E.jpeg

• Like 4

So glad you posted this. I just took my bow and gun bucks in for the euro treatment. Was going to look for something like this to mount them with.

Someone posted a picture with a similar looking mount and I was going to go back and ask if they remember where they got it.

My bow buck will probably get put up in the garage and the gun buck will be given to my daughter to decide if she wants it in her room or not.

I’m not a big fan of the euro mount but these 2 bucks mean to much to me to not put them on display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Top was bow.   Bottom is a dead head we found at my place several years ago (another gut shot buck) that I strongly suspect was the offspring of this guy.   He would have been really cool in a few years.  

6F822DB2-76A7-4475-9FF6-12B678A1176E.jpeg

gosh sakes......when you say you live out in WNY how far West.....thats amazing.  

So glad you posted this. I just took my bow and gun bucks in for the euro treatment. Was going to look for something like this to mount them with.

Someone posted a picture with a similar looking mount and I was going to go back and ask if they remember where they got it.

My bow buck will probably get put up in the garage and the gun buck will be given to my daughter to decide if she wants it in her room or not.

I’m not a big fan of the euro mount but these 2 bucks mean to much to me to not put them on display.

Spring for a pink or purple camo dip on that buck you took with your daughter in the blind.....Dad of the year award will follow shortly after!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

gosh sakes......when you say you live out in WNY how far West.....thats amazing.  

If I had only known then what I know now.  Only my second season hunting and first year I bought that parcel.  I tagged out earlier on my first wall mounter (decent 9pt 3yr old) but man I now wish I had held out and hunted that buck hard.  He was killed second day of gun by someone hunting neighbor's property.  He lived at my place and we even saw him after tagging out in bow.  Live and learn.

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

If I had only known then what I know now.  Only my second season hunting and first year I bought that parcel.  I tagged out earlier on my first wall mounter (decent 9pt 3yr old) but man I now wish I had held out and hunted that buck hard.  He was killed second day of gun by someone hunting neighbor's property.  He lived at my place and we even saw him after tagging out in bow.  Live and learn.

Just cant get over that and it wasnt even on my land.  Yeah that would haunt me a bit for sure.  But at least you know you have some good genetics.  That deer reminds me of a pic someone posted here a few years back of a monster walking in the snow.  Looks like the same buck.  

Spring for a pink or purple camo dip on that buck you took with your daughter in the blind.....Dad of the year award will follow shortly after!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I’ve been thinking about it since that day you texted me. I haven’t seen one in person done but going off the pictures online I’m not overly convinced I like it. Some look good and some look bad and I’d hate to end up with a bad one.

8 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I’ve been thinking about it since that day you texted me. I haven’t seen one in person done but going off the pictures online I’m not overly convinced I like it. Some look good and some look bad and I’d hate to end up with a bad one.

Don't do it! IMO the dips are heinous. It's a skull, it should be natural/white not camo or some other random color.

• Like 3