Scam robo call from Social Security...

nyslowhand

Got 4 robo calls from same # ID today (12/8) stating my SS# had been hacked and illegally used.  2nd -> 4th time I hung on and talked to an agent wondering what they offered for resolution to this issue. What they want is your name & SS# first of all, which I wouldn't give them. Told agent if this was really a legitimate issue, send me something in the mail. Clearly, they wouldn't do that!! Last time I asked to speak to a supervisor and was rudely told I was dealing with that agent only. Lot of phone scams, but this a unique one to me and pretty ingenious. Easy to fall for! They were persistent with 4 calls within an hour!

• Sad 1

Just thought I'd info any one that was collecting SS and got a call stating your account & payments would be cancelled unless they helped you resolve the issue. Could see where an eldery person might fall for this scam.

Yeah, I typically don't answer any 800 or #s I do not recognize. If I do answer, I give the usual 3X "HELLOs" before ending the call when I get no response. Let's just say by the time I got the 4th call within an hour... I wasn't overly polite and the agent even pushed back somewhat!