How far???

stubborn1VT

FYI - Hodgdons produces a 777 magnum pellet that's ~60g. Should be able to mix/match with other 777 pellets, if you're still into the ease of using pellets vs powder.

For what it's worth:

"Triple Se7en® Magnum Pellets - Two 60-grain pellets pushing a 250 gr. bullet can deliver the energy of a 30-06 with a 200 gr. bullet at the muzzle. The result: flatter-shooting, harder-hitting projectiles. .50 cal. 60-grain pellets(For use in modern in-line muzzleloaders with 209 ignition using 2 T-7 magnum pellets). "

• 8 months later...
On 12/10/2019 at 5:07 PM, Salmon_Run said:

I sight in using three pellets and it give one more shock power down range. I also sight in at about 2" high at 100 yards and where I hunt (Adk's) long shots are very rare.

That is right where I dialed my T/C omega in yesterday on the range, using the same load.   Where does the bullet impact at 150 and 200 yards ?

Last year I shot under a doe, that was a bit farther than I thought, using 2 pellets of 777.  Two changes I am making this year are: 1 - bring my laser range finder to eliminate guesswork on range, 2 - Add the third pellet.

31 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

That is right where I dialed my T/C omega in yesterday on the range, using the same load.   Where does the bullet impact at 150 and 200 yards ?

Last year I shot under a doe, that was a bit farther than I thought, using 2 pellets of 777.  Two changes I am making this year are: 1 - bring my laser range finder to eliminate guesswork on range, 2 - Add the third pellet.

3 pellets may be too much, to many times we opt for ease instead of what is right, if you see flame out end of barrel your simply wasting powder.  Loose powder in 5 grain implements until you hear a sharp distinctive crack.  125 maybe your optimum charge , tough to do with pellets.  With speed reloaded loose powder is as fast or faster then pellets. 

My uncle was shooting 150 in pellets and accuracy was awful, went to 110 grain loose powder and sighted in and gun is a tack driving killer.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

3 pellets may be too much, to many times we opt for ease instead of what is right, if you see flame out end of barrel your simply wasting powder.  Loose powder in 5 grain implements until you hear a sharp distinctive crack.  125 maybe your optimum charge , tough to do with pellets.  With speed reloaded loose powder is as fast or faster then pellets. 

My uncle was shooting 150 in pellets and accuracy was awful, went to 110 grain loose powder and sighted in and gun is a tack driving killer.. 

A friend has had great success with the same gun and the same 3 pellet load.  I plan on changing over to blackhorn 209 next season, when my supply of 777 pellets will be gone.  I will dial in the perfect "loose" load at that time.