What would you do!?

fadetoblack188

No blind or he'll never use that field again. I would go with a ghillie suit or like someone said before a ghost blind. These are semi aggressive options.

Rattling now might work it's late enough in the season along with a buck decoy. I've had good luck in December rattling. Good luck

• Like 1

I'd bet he beds close enough to the field to see you coming. If he's mature, you may only get one chance at him. Trying a doe or buck decoy near your stand would be a good option, as it shouldnt spook him away but could draw him in to you. If that doesn't work, your gonna have to wait for a good wind and get in where your seeing him in the field.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

If you’re not hunting it today, I would get out there with some binoculars before first light and figure out exactly where he exits the field and figure out where you want to be. He may or may not use it he same trail if the wind changes, but you never know. You have him patterned, you just need to fine tune it. 

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 1

Ahhhh .... Dobie was not threatening either so that may work too.   Figured you were thinking outside the box.  

Don’t sleep on the Gilligan suit either, you lay the hat on the ground in the field, the buck thinks it’s quicksand and goes around it right into your setup. I’ve seen that work many a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Don’t sleep on the Gilligan suit either, you lay the hat on the ground in the field, the buck thinks it’s quicksand and goes around it right into your setup. I’ve seen that work many a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Gilligan suits have been working fantastic on deer ever since the 60s/70s

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Gilligan suits have been working fantastic on deer ever since the 60s/70s

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wear one around just because I like the style!  If it gets me a deer, all the better.  Although the captain's suit fits a bit better.

• Like 2