Newbie from Northern Ontario

Muskyhunter1

Thanks for the welcome Lads.

I hail from a town called North Bay on Lake Nipissing. 

Blackbelt - I love turkey hunting and usually get a couple of Tom's in the freezer each spring. 

Wolc123 - Nice Musky.  I don't really fish for them now as I like my walleye and Northerns and Trout but I hope to retire soon and they are right off my dock.  Just across the bay there is even an outfitter who specializes in Musky.  I hunt a large island a lot where I have a cabin so that is where the name Muskyhunter comes from.   

Mlammerhirt - I dont get down that way onto the Niagara but they also say there is some great steelhead fishing too.

Thanks again folks,

Dave

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, Dave  !!   I spend about a week in your fine province every spring chasing  gobblers..I have friends  that live in Prince Edward County near Picton…..Two of them came down for our deer rifle season this year and they both shot bucks from my tower blind opening day..

I've been in North Bay a few times, mostly passing through to points north fishing ( near Cochrane)...

Six months de snow fly, and six months de black fly....Hehehe....

• Like 1

Oh yes lots of snow and cold and bugs.  It keeps the "want be"  armchair hunter and fishers away.  Bow season for deer ended yesterday and now onto ice fishing.  I guess I had better get my Xmas decorations out this week first so the boss lady doesn't get on my case - lol.

A number of years ago I hunted Broome County for deer and if I recall it was amazing.  I had just started bow hunting so i blew it a couple of times.  Had a great time just the same and saw lots of deer.  

Cheers.

On 12/12/2019 at 5:52 AM, Muskyhunter1 said:

Thanks for the welcome Lads.

I hail from a town called North Bay on Lake Nipissing. 

Blackbelt - I love turkey hunting and usually get a couple of Tom's in the freezer each spring. 

Wolc123 - Nice Musky.  I don't really fish for them now as I like my walleye and Northerns and Trout but I hope to retire soon and they are right off my dock.  Just across the bay there is even an outfitter who specializes in Musky.  I hunt a large island a lot where I have a cabin so that is where the name Muskyhunter comes from.   

Mlammerhirt - I dont get down that way onto the Niagara but they also say there is some great steelhead fishing too.

Thanks again folks,

Dave

Welcome to the site Dave.  Like you, I am not from New York.  There are lots of experienced hunters on here and it's a pretty active site.

I spend a week fishing on Lake Kipawa most summers, so I am somewhat familiar with your neck of the woods.  I really enjoy getting out on the water and away from town.  

Glad to have ya here!