Buckets in the woods

Chef

Who you calling old guy???? I used a bucket for a good while a bunch of years ago. Before that I used an old old apple crate.  With these newfangled things called stands I don't use buckets anymore. Id sit there if it looked good to me. Sounds like a good spot though from what you described.  Good luck!

When we started hunting our place there were a half dozen or so buckets strategically placed throughout the woods. We could tell the better ones by the sizable piles of beer cans left laying around. 20-30 old cans of Hamm's beer indicated a hot spot. 1-2 cans indicated spotty action at best. Yes, beer cans. Kind of a rough place back in the days that I first obtained permission.

We have places named by the buckets. The sidehill bucket, the bucket corner, pine bucket and so on. About 10 years ago, I switched out some of the buckets with new ones to keep the traditional spots going. We've picked up most of the beer cans though, and haven't added any to the woods.

• Like 3

We have a guy that hunts on the lease with us that is afraid of being in a treestand. He uses buckets.....He must have 10 or 15 of them around the property....I sat on one for a while last weekend since the ground was all dug up around it in the snow. I was thinking I should put a stand here....

15 minutes ago, JJBat150 said:

Unmm.. aren't tatical assult buckets like this one banned by the NY SAFE act ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Not if the lid is permanently affixed making it useless for its original intended purpose.  Need to read the regs!

• Like 1

I always loved walking thru the woods and seeing the old tree stands... now falling apart and rotting... wondering how long ago they were put up.

My friend takes pictures of everyone he finds.... I told him.... make a coffee table book with those!

1 hour ago, Eric J said:

I always loved walking thru the woods and seeing the old tree stands... now falling apart and rotting... wondering how long ago they were put up.

My friend takes pictures of everyone he finds.... I told him.... make a coffee table book with those!

Theres an archery talk thread on old stands, lots of pics. Very cool

1 hour ago, Eric J said:

Plot twist! He makes a coffee table out of an old stand!

• Like 1