Enclosed car trailer

WNYBuckHunter

4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm not trying to claim anybody , I always just liked that argument from the crossbow guys.

I like all weapons so I just change with the season. But as a chameleon, I could easily never shoot a gun again in my life and be fine with it

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

I have far more trad kills so I think that offsets!

ah, not so fast. I'm pulling up your harvest reports right now and I see a lot of does. Those are worth negative points. I'll need to compare files with @goosifer and get back to you. Plus I see one kill 53 minutes before sunrise. So like an NCAA violation, I'll need you to take down your banners/shoulder mounts.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Oh oy, here we go.  That does ring of some jealousy on what was an obvious sarcastic and joking comment by me. 

If I have learned one thing in my limited 8 years of hunting, its to hunt where the deer are!  No need to be humbled, or prove my abilities on some deer desolate parcels.  You can have them and claim a freely conceded best hunter trophy.   I would rather be the crappy hunter with plenty of opportunities and feel free to consider me as such.

My comment was not directed at you, Moog, or anyone in particular.  From what I read here on this forum it seems that some hunters are in constant view of deer and may see scores of them each and every time out.  That's great for them, and I don't think there's a hunter out there who wouldn't love a spot like that.  The only point I am trying to make is that many hunters, maybe the vast majority, don't have it so good and probably never will.  I think it would be a humbling experience for some of the folks who have these great spots to see what the rest of us have.  My apologies if my remarks offend anyone.  Things have a way of going wild on this forum, thus one of my new years resolution will probably be to post less often.

• Like 2

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

ah, not so fast. I'm pulling up your harvest reports right now and I see a lot of does. Those are worth negative points. I'll need to compare files with @goosifer and get back to you. Plus I see one kill 53 minutes before sunrise. So like an NCAA violation, I'll need you to take down your banners/shoulder mounts.

I already accepted the crappy hunter/good land title, what more do you really need.    I will take the mounts down but my best hunter in the world banners must stay - out of generosity and if only for my own well being.  Plus I paid to have them made. 

Remember how graciously I included you in the time of bow kills with your non-bow?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steve863 said:

My comment was not directed at you, Moog, or anyone in particular.  From what I read here on this forum it seems that some hunters are in constant view of deer and may see scores of them each and every time out.  That's great for them, and I don't think there's a hunter out there who wouldn't love a spot like that.  The only point I am trying to make is that many hunters, maybe the vast majority, don't have it so good and probably never will.  I think it would be a humbling experience for some of the folks who have these great spots to see what the rest of us have.  My apologies if my remarks offend anyone.  Things have a way of going wild on this forum, thus one of my new years resolution will probably be to post less often.

No biggie Sergio.  It did sound a bit like you were suggesting some of us with good land don't recognize we have it good and think we are somehow better hunters.  Not the case I can assure you.  I am the first to say that good land makes a huge difference.  Forget my reactionary post.  No hard feelings at all.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I already accepted the crappy hunter/good land title, what more do you really need.    I will take the mounts down but my best hunter in the world banners must stay - out of generosity and if only for my own well being.  Plus I paid to have them made. 

Remember how graciously I included you in the time of bow kills with your non-bow?

Good Point. Plus I have a doe kills in 2 separate centuries!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

No biggie Sergio.  It did sound a bit like you were suggesting some of us with good land don't recognize we have it good and think we are somehow better hunters.  Not the case I can assure you.  I am the first to say that good land makes a huge difference.  Forget my reactionary post.  No hard feelings at all.

And let me add that you are the one of the most unselfish hunters I've ever met. You host many, many others each year, to hunt the bounty of your properties!

I don't think the majority of people with deer hunting property like you have Brian, would be near as generous. Says alot about you as a hunter, and a friend.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

....but you shoot a trad bow and kill things so you kinda are. just saying.

19 minutes ago, grampy said:

And let me add that you are the one of the most unselfish hunters I've ever met. You host many, many others each year, to hunt the bounty of your properties!

I don't think the majority of people with deer hunting property like you have Brian, would be near as generous. Says alot about you as a hunter, and a friend.

No kind statements allowed!

plus, shh - I have been telling @treeguy that I can't let any other hunters hunt with me due to certain state regulations.  Don't want him shooting my big bucks.  He already shoots all the good yotes before me.

• Haha 1