typical or non-typical whitetail which one you like better ?

Hunter007

7 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Interesting Thread 007. I have seen plenty of Bucks on my September Hikes. All Typical.l remember a few 8 pointers and plenty of 4 Pointers on September Hikes. 

I have only seen non typical on display some place  never in  the  Wild .

Would love to take one .

Btw  take a look at this painting reminds me of someone we know don't  it lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

JMO, there's nothing more satisfying than getting a wily, old 6-8yo buck with a declining rack, maybe a good 6pt! Then you've done something, but not necessarily brag-worthy! An accomplishment none the less!

I'd wager 10% or less of this forum has ever killed a 6+ yo buck. I'd wager less than 5% of the general hunting population has ever killed a 6+ yo buck.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

Anyone know  what makes  a non typical rack go all crazy like some of the ones you see in magazines ?

That's a good question.... I know injured Deer will grow weird racks or half a rack will be messed up... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunter007 said:

Interesting  maybe fighting with other bucks could cause a injury that later on goes crazy on a rack maybe from a infection ?

Nah.... I mean any damage while in Felt... will affect the antlers for that year....  I shot what I thought was a nice 8 point one year.... The one side of the rack was messed up tho.... Why?  Because the Buck only had 3 legs!  lol

• Like 1