blackbeltbill

Thoughts On Improving This Site For 2020.

I've long since railed against pointless dribble. Not because I dont enjoy it, but because I believe many members have similar browsing habits as mine. You open the site and then click the button at the top right "unread content". This way I can quickly skim the content that's been posted since I last visited. Also like many members, just about every section of this forum interest me, so I'm not one to enter the sub-forums one by one. I'm not saying everyone does it this way, but it's how I know many do.

I say all this because there was a member who used to post about 8 political topics a day. Some interesting, others bigoted. I'm not against political posts and I'm not against 80's kung fu. But I do get annoyed when I miss good HUNTING related content because it gets lost in the shuffle. A few forums that I visit keep popular off-topic discussions to single threads. Organically we've done that here already. For example, Beer, Football, live from the woods, what's for dinner. All long running threads contained within themselves. Not interested in bad New England Patriot or Red Sox takes? You can easily avoid it. Want some advice on a new porter? Come on in.

So if the idea is still confusing to you, I vote in 2020 some of our more prominent off-topic thread starters make a place they call home. And go nuts in there... but stay in there.

• Thanks 1

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

38 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Pay to play and have to use your real name. That would weed out many. I mean come on? Some of the ones that give advice on here is....Well not really sure what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would you even  know If they are using there real name ?

I belong to another site that has levels free and paid 

Only the  Vendors pay that are really serious about selling stuff  and 99% of the traffic goes to the free part most here are just recreational hunters what you want sounds  like forum for professionals in the hunting business. 

1 minute ago, Hunter007 said:

Only the  Vendors pay that are really serious about selling stuff  and 99% of the traffic goes to the free part most here are just recreational hunters what you want sounds  like forum for professionals in the hunting business. 

You have to submit driver's license and social security # during verification process. Then we would know exactly who are you. The forum would be shocked. But i wouldn't be since i already tracked your IP address to other forums and put 2 and 2 together.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Belo said:

I've long since railed against pointless dribble. Not because I dont enjoy it, but because I believe many members have similar browsing habits as mine. You open the site and then click the button at the top right "unread content". This way I can quickly skim the content that's been posted since I last visited. Also like many members, just about every section of this forum interest me, so I'm not one to enter the sub-forums one by one. I'm not saying everyone does it this way, but it's how I know many do.

I say all this because there was a member who used to post about 8 political topics a day. Some interesting, others bigoted. I'm not against political posts and I'm not against 80's kung fu. But I do get annoyed when I miss good HUNTING related content because it gets lost in the shuffle. A few forums that I visit keep popular off-topic discussions to single threads. Organically we've done that here already. For example, Beer, Football, live from the woods, what's for dinner. All long running threads contained within themselves. Not interested in bad New England Patriot or Red Sox takes? You can easily avoid it. Want some advice on a new porter? Come on in.

So if the idea is still confusing to you, I vote in 2020 some of our more prominent off-topic thread starters make a place they call home. And go nuts in there... but stay in there.

^^^^^^^ This. All's that's needed is this.

20 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Dont do alot of social media including facebook, i need to get my kicks over here with the trolls..lol

Light Humour-- no problem at all. Throw up the Emojis.  But when one member mentions the perceived lower IQ of another member- that's stepping over the line. 

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You have to submit driver's license and social security # during verification process. Then we would know exactly who are you. The forum would be shocked. But i wouldn't be since i already tracked your IP address to other forums and put 2 and 2 together.

Only on this forum for hunting. 

Don't know why you would  be interested in me that much to bother im flattered. 

Are you selling time shares  .

Maybe ?

17 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I noticed you  seem to be scared of a certain member on here .  That you didn't even answer my post  about which you like better typical or non typical  whitetail deer.

Obviously you are intimidated by him  because  I know that  racks is what you are into . 

1 minute ago, Hunter007 said:

I noticed you  seem to be scared of a certain member on here .  That you didn't even answer my post  about which you like better typical or non typical  whitetail deer.

Obviously you are intimidated by him  because  I know that  racks is what you are into . 

I have no idea what are you talking about?

• Like 1

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I have no idea what are you talking about?

Come you didn't see that post lol

You little friend there or friends intimidated you into not answering that post so obvious you're scared of them .

The title was which do you like better typical or non-typical Whitetails 

Well I would guess most that come on would want info from those that maybe have some real info or knowledge? I mean if you are into getting your hunting questions answered by a guy that say... Targets button bucks or baby bucks as the quarry then so be it. But I will cost you to listen to crap that cost him to put out.

8 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

Come you didn't see that post lol

You little friend there or friends intimidated you into not answering that post so obvious you're scared of them .

The title was which do you like better typical or non-typical Whitetails 

who am i scared of?

1 minute ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Well I would guess most that come on would want info from those that maybe have some real info or knowledge? I mean if you are into getting your hunting questions answered by a guy that say... Targets button bucks or baby bucks as the quarry then so be it. But I will cost you to listen to crap that cost him to put out.

Google search will give you all the answers you can possibly want for free  really  .

I think it's the interaction that people like  with other people that have the same interests that makes them come to a forum. 

Not necessarily information  but some maybe but enough to pay when it is available for free  on other places not likely. 

You would just get vendors that  pay it ,  And not the hunting public .

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

who am i scared of?

The ones that go after bill and me.

Maybe I'm mistaken. 

If I don't see you respond to my post I'll know what's up don't worry about it no problem.

If you scared you scared. 

Google search will give you all the answers you can possibly want for free  really  .
I think it's the interaction that people like  with other people that have the same interests that makes them come to a forum. 
Not necessarily information  but some maybe but enough to pay when it is available for free  on other places not likely. 
You would just get vendors that  pay it ,  And not the hunting public .

No we would have the real sportsmen on here with the real life questions that actually know what they are talking about and not reading a bunch of dribble about liking Typical or Non Typical antlers or eating the nuts of a Whitetail buck. And if they did want to post stupid shit like that at least it would cost them to do so.

• Like 3

Just now, Four Season Whitetail's said:

No we would have the real sportsmen on here with the real life questions that actually know what they are talking about and not reading a bunch of dribble about liking Typical or Non Typical antlers or eating the nuts of a Whitetail buck. And if they did want to post stupid shit like that at least it would cost them to do so.

Good luck with your business model  .

I'm sure it will work out for you .

How much does YouTube charge?

I'm sure you know better then a Fortune 500 company .

2 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Guess I am scared of the same seeing though I did not answer the question.

Don't know with you  , you are vendor you have different motives to be here then just the recreational Hunter  .

And you haven't been around lately. 

Was not direct at you .

12 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

The ones that go after bill and me.

Maybe I'm mistaken. 

If I don't see you respond to my post I'll know what's up don't worry about it no problem.

If you scared you scared. 

I found your thread and see the following members. I have no idea who or what you are talking about? so why not just say the name?

NYBUCKBOY

WOLC

MERLOT

CORY

TURKEYFEATHERS

ATBUCKHUNTER

SWAMPBUCKS

BILL

NYSLOWHAND

ROB-C

LETEMGROW

BUGSNBOWS