Best Vacuum Sealer under $300

moog5050

Times Two, on the double wrap.
Been doing all our deer that way for decades now, and never had a problem.
Fast, easy, cost efficient, and will last in the freezer long enough until it's gone.

So I typically just wrap with freezer paper. What’s the additional layer offer me? Most of my meat only last a year...feels like it’s going fast already this year?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

The toothbrush (unopened....which seems to make the most (and least) sense) needs immediate explanation.

using Tapatalk

The Sonicare is upstairs in the bathroom.  That one is a spare for cleaning up parts and stuff on the bench........

BTW......I love the Sonicare.

20 minutes ago, crappyice said:

So I typically just wrap with freezer paper. What’s the additional layer offer me? Most of my meat only last a year...feels like it’s going fast already this year?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first layer of the plastic wrap cuts down a bit more on air space next to the meat.

I've used only just freezer wrap too, with no problems. That's all the old guys I learned from used. Like you, my venison is usually all gone by late summer anyways.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Good option but now you have me looking at chamber units. 

Personally I don't think you leave it in the freezer long enough to justify the chamber unit costs. I think that $300 unit you posted in the one Terry and I went to this year. It's heads above the Foodsaver we finally wore out. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Personally I don't think you leave it in the freezer long enough to justify the chamber unit costs. I think that $300 unit you posted in the one Terry and I went to this year. It's heads above the Foodsaver we finally wore out. 

Seems like the bag cost alone makes it an easy decision, no?

16 hours ago, Nomad said:

Idk. For 25 years I’ve done the plastic wrap and freezer paper on my Costanzas stuff, I find working with the wrap a pain . As Moog knows I used his vacuum sealer for  two years , and this year I bought my own for $49 , works great . I’d dont know if it’s faster or not, but seems easier to me . 

it's also basically 100% airtight. A good wrap is just fine too, but subject to human error and not as air tight.

Before I was old enough to hunt big game I was born and raised to use freezer paper and plastic wrap by my dad. He had commercial stuff and a store back when I first showed up in this world. Talking the heavy duty stuff on large rack rolls. If you know the method its works fine to work air out as you wrap. Vacuum sealing is ridiculously easier though. Plus it lays better in the freezer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

A little late to this conversation but, I like Lawd do the deer processing with commercial grade plastic wrap and freezer paper. It works great for the large cuts. I double wrap the ground in 1lb pkgs with the plastic wrap and just freeze. It never gets any freezer burn because it's always gone by next deer season. I do have a vac sealer from Wally world, about $100 iirc, I use it often to freeze pre cooked items like chicken, burgers, etc. My wife cooks a bunch of chix breast on the grill and we shrink wrap and freeze them, pull out, thaw, and heat up and they taste like they just came off the grill! Sure beats standing out at the grill in January! It also works great for freezing soups, chile etc. but the trick is pre freeze the soups in a container and then transfer it frozen into the bags to seal, that way you don't have to deal with the liquid getting into the vac sealer. It is an extra step but well worth it!

I just smoked 2 pork butts for pulled pork and we shrink wrapped it in 8oz pkgs, perfect for 2 sammies! We even froze and shrink wrapped the left over lasagna from xmas dinner and will probably thaw and have for dinner sometime this summer! It works great for camping because it packs into a cooler frozen and won't leak once thawed. 

Just my thoughts on the subject, your individual results may vary.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Nope, but a guy that’s just using a Sucko-Matic 1000 would be SOL if he lost power. I’d just keep plugging along......

You also have to consider the versatility of a Sucko-Matic. Thousands of happy hunters year-round.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:23 PM, goosifer said:

@moog5050 sausagemaker.com has a 15% off code for Holiday Gift Guide items, including the vacuum sealer for $229.99 Code is Gift15 So that would bring it under $200 with free shipping.

https://www.sausagemaker.com/Commercial-Vacuum-Sealer-p/25-1021.htm

For the record, I picked up one of these for around $185 shipped.   Worked fine the one time I used it so far.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

For the record, I picked up one of these for around $185 shipped.   Worked fine the one time I sued it so far.
You mean to tell me you plan to sue it more?! Man you are one lawsuit hungry lawyer! Remind me to keep my distance

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1