8th Annual Banquet MARCH 14, 2020

I hear all the time "I wish Ii knew it was happening on such and such a date". Well it will be on March 14th at the Doubletree in Henrietta, NY. Doors open at 4:30 PM and Dinner is at 6:00 PM.

There have been some members on here that have attended and I think they will confirm that this is a pretty good event. The prizes, meal and number of quality firearms that are there will not disappoint. 

So save the date and come see us for an evening of fun. This is the only fundraising event that we do as a branch and it provides the funds to put on the programs each year. 

I'll be posting highlights on here as we secure donations and prizes. 

If there are any HuntingNY members out there that would like to provide some sort of support to the branch in a form of donation of product or service, reach out to me. We have been successful in all kinds of relationships from guided hunts and fishing charter, to products and Taxidermy services and working out an arrangement that works for both parties.  Great way to get your product or service in from to many potential consumers. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to give this a little bump since the mailer will be going out this week. Our ticket sales are going very well considering it's all early and the mailer isn't out yet. Early Bid deadline is Feb 22. Don't miss out.  If we can get enough members on here to fill a table (10) I'll get one reserved so you all can sit together. Typically we don't 'do this but I figure that since I "know the guy" that can get it done, I might as well abuse my power. lol

The selection for the gun board this year is just about complete. (this was last year's). BUT since we didn't have a chance to fully complete the game with the Patriotic Rifle last year, we are doing that again. 

The table raffle prizes have already arrived and this year looks like a very "cool" prize for sure

https://secure3.convio.net/deer/site/Ticketing?view=Tickets&id=101761

This year we are trying to give those in a attendance more options for games to take part in. I will say that this year we will have more firearms than ever before. 

1588312833_GunBoard-1.thumb.jpg.7c49068dd1e19a213d2944350b5ada07.jpg1959446314_PatrioticRifleGame-3.thumb.jpg.27558056399dc8f4b52b6732f7178ce6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone that has attended the banquet knows, we run a  Gun Board Game.  This was the board last year. 50 tickets sold for round #1. Winner takes the gun they want off the board. Sell next round and that winner selects from what is left. Continues until they are gone. Last year they went fast. 

He is a partial listing of what will be on the board this year. 

Pointer 12 ga Mossy Oak Blades O/U
Howa  6.5 CREEDMOOR Game Pro Package
Browning 22 Mag T-Bolt Sporter Maple AA
Winchester 325WSM Model 70 Sporter 
Ruger 280 Rem  M77 Hawkeye
W A 5.56 WA-15 Optics ready AR-NY Compliant (pinned mag)
Quigley Ford Scope NA Model 416

56164133_2131807933535371_2476012735922438144_o.jpg

One highlight of our banquet is our General Raffle. (bucket Raffle). We typically have between 45-50 packages and tickets are sold for $20 each. Each ticket has a stub and 5 tear offs with your ticket number on them. You select which prizes you want a chance and winning and place you tear offs with your number in them. The night of the event $20 gets you 5 chances. in the early bird it is a 2 for 1 when you but the $100 or $250 package. SO in the $100 package  you would normally get 5 tickets with 25 chances.. during the early bird you get 10 tickets with 50 chances and. 

Well last night I was updated donations and prizes lined up for the General Raffle.  Currently there are 5 firearms, one cross bow and a wide selection of other hunting related products including blinds, tree stands, shooting related products much much more. The average retail on the packages is currently at $175 each. Here are some pics of last years General Raffle. 

General Raffle-1 - Copy.jpg

General raffle-2.jpg

General raffle7.jpg

General raffle-9.jpg

General raffle-11.jpg

General raffle-12.jpg

General raffle-10.jpg

General raffle-8.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 10:28 AM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

We are still waiting to hear the exact date for this Live Auction Item but I anticipate late August or First week in September.   @WNYBuckHunter had the winning bid on this item last year. I think he will tell you all how wonderful this pace is. 

Capture.JPG

I couldnt recommend this more. The neighborhood is nice and quiet, the house is amazingly beautiful, and the location is very convenient to a ton of great restaurants, plenty of shopping and a number of area attractions. Last year will not be our only vacation there.

Here are a few pics from our stay last summer. The first two are from my drone, in the first one you will see the proximity of the house to the beach, its the one with the reddish orange roof. The second pic is from just above the house looking East toward Atlantic Beach, where the closest retail shopping and restaurants are. The third is sunrise from the 3rd floor deck.

PKS1.jpg

PKS2.jpg

PKS3.jpg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Here are a few pics from our stay last summer. The first two are from my drone, in the first one you will see the proximity of the house to the beach, its the one with the reddish orange roof. The second pic is from just above the house looking East toward Atlantic Beach, where the closest retail shopping and restaurants are. The third is sunrise from the 3rd floor deck.

PKS1.jpg

PKS2.jpg

PKS3.jpg

This may be in my crosshairs this year!

• Like 1

We are going to try at least one new game this year. This is how this one will work

We will have 4 of these coolers.  We will use a single deck of cards and to select a card from the deck and get in it will cost $10. Tear your card in half and drop half in the drawing bucket. When the deck is sold we draw a card half and the owner of the matching half wins their choice of 1 of the coolers. We dump the remaining stubs and start again with a new deck. We will continue this until all 4 coolers are selected. Each winner must leave their selected cooler on the table until the entire game is completed but will be given a claim check for it. 

Here is the Catch. Once all 4 winners are know they will all come up and at the same time open their cooler. One will have a winning notification of winning another prize. What is that prize?  I am sure you all are asking. Well it is this

image.png.85bfc22e6e64a400b18a82cc11bc264f.png

Details

THOMPSON CENTER DIMENSION 22-250 & 7MM-08
Action: Bolt • Finish: Blued/Black Composite • Barrel Length: 22" 1:12" Twist, 5R Rifling • Sights: None-Scope Base Included • Magazine(s): 3-Round Magazine • Stock: Synthetic • Weight: 7 lbs. • Overall Length: 41.75"

7MM-08 Conversion Kit Included
22" 7MM-08 Barrel & Magazine
Interchangeable Dimension® Barrels fit all stocks and receivers, right-or-left hand. Barrels come packaged with the correct magazine group (magazine and housing). Barrels are stamped with Series letters: A, B, C or D to help you easily identify the correct magazine group (magazine and housing) and bolt required.

HIGH CHEEK PIECE
The specially designed high cheek piece makes shooting the Dimension feel even more natural, aligning your eye properly and evenly to the scope.

ADJUSTABLE TRIGGER
An accurate shot starts with a crisp trigger. Dimension's trigger can be adjusted from 3.5-5 pounds of trigger pull, depending on shooter preference.

SPECIAL COMPOSITE STOCK
Removable stock spacers make for easy adjustments to the length of pull, and the Dimension also features a universal, free-floating barrel channel.

image.png.02f394c3f1efc2e1df9c49c9dd729390.pngimage.png.b3552235d000455e6825fd8c77ac2a54.png

• Like 3

For those attending here is a taste of some of the prizes that will be featured in the General Raffle. Still not too late to get your tickets. 

Ruger 30-06 American Copper Mica stock/blued
Winchester 30-06 XPR Bolt Black Synth/Blue
Winchester 243 Win XPR Bolt Black Synth/Blue Compact
Marlin 22LR QDMA Membership --synthetic and stainless
Flambeau Master Series "Boss Babe" Doe Decoy
Muck Boots $120 Gift Card
Sportsman's Guide Bolderton 360 Comfort Blind Chair
Nomad Harvester Jacket
Moultree A-40 Trail Camera
Rhino- 150 Blind
HHA Optimizer Lite Bow Sight
Vanguard Aluminum Shooting Stick with U Yoke
Otis Elite Cleaning Kit
Okuma Casting Reel and rod
Yukon - 53" rolling hard gun case
Barnett Avenger Cross Bow/Box of Bolts
Weston Deep Fryer        
Weston Meat grinder&Susage Stuffer   
Weston 6 tray Digital Food Dehydrator
Chapin 15 gallon Mix on Exit Tank Sprayer
  • Like 2

On 2/18/2020 at 10:51 AM, moog5050 said:

We still have room in the hunting ny table:

1. Nomad

2. DDT

3. DDT's son

4. Red

5. Johnplav

6.  Moog

7. Natalie

PM me if you plan to attend.  Couple of maybes were @TreeGuy and @LetEmGrow.  Love to see you both join.

So EJ and his son can be added to this list.   Look forward to meeting you folks. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been on much. It' has been a whirlwind to get this all put together. It is going to be an outstanding night. Should be 200 people attending and NOT counting the retail cost of the African Safari or Argentina Dove hunt there is  over $40,000 in prizes/auction items/giveaways that find a new home on Saturday night. Hope those of you from the site light it up winning. 

• Like 1

And since I'm so  glad you guys are really going to make it I wanted to give you a sneak peek at the gun board. keep it just between us.....lol

Pointer 12 ga Mossy Oak Blades O/U
Howa  6.5 CREEDMOOR Game Pro Package
Darton Compound Lightning XT 85% let off 60-70#  24.5-30' DL
Browning 22 Mag T-Bolt Sporter Maple AA
Winchester 325WSM Model 70 Sporter 
Ruger 280 Rem  M77 Hawkeye
Wise Arms 5.56 WA-15 Optics ready AR  NY Compliant
Ruger 9mm PC Carbine
Quigley Ford Scope NA Model 416
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I haven't been on much. It' has been a whirlwind to get this all put together. It is going to be an outstanding night. Should be 200 people attending and NOT counting the retail cost of the African Safari or Argentina Dove hunt there is  over $40,000 in prizes/auction items/giveaways that find a new home on Saturday night. Hope those of you from the site light it up winning. 

A friend of mine went on one of the Argentina dove hunts. Said it was an awesome time. Piles of doves. He said he felt like he shot a pallet of ammo.  Went thru boxes and boxes.  Each of them had a local young guy run and get birds for them after like each 10 shots.  He said  his "bird boy" lol, was hilarious.  They paid him and the next day he came over with hickies all over him.  And all they did was laugh.  He did say if he went again he would rent a shotgun .  Took him 3 hours of wait time to get shotgun into Argentina and 10 minutes and $25 to get it out. Lol.  

• Like 1