Eletric tape

ATbuckhunter

6 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I used electrical tape, 1 strip over barrel and a wrap around barrel holding both ends down. I’ve used rubber glove finger with a wrap of tape around it for years now and it stays on way better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one I ordered has iron sights on it, will that make a difference if i were to use a rubber glove?

I take a surgical glove , cut off the fingers and then slip them one at a time over a finger . Then I roll the cutoff up and slip it over the end of my ML . I have killed deer without ever removing the rubber before shooting . 

It seems as though this was brought up a couple years ago . Someone had mentioned buying a pack of balloons at the dollar store and using them .

I had removed the front bead from my ML , put the screws back in and covered the screw heads with wax . 

You can buy "finger cots" at a drug store.  They are latex, like rubber gloves, but are made for just one finger.  No need to cut anything and they have a better base to work with than a cut off glove finger.  No need to put anything around the base to hold it on.

They also come in a pack that has about 50 in it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

You can buy "finger cots" at a drug store.  They are latex, like rubber gloves, but are made for just one finger.  No need to cut anything and they have a better base to work with than a cut off glove finger.  No need to put anything around the base to hold it on.

They also come in a pack that has about 50 in it.

finger condoms is what we refer to them as in the medical field. probably just as cheap to cut up a glove 5 times, but yeah they exist. 

6 hours ago, Belo said:

i used painters tape. I dont know why, and I know I'm wrong but electric tape seems too strong lol. but i put 2 overlapping strips over the end and then wrapped 2 times around the circumference. 

it's not but i've used both. one piece up and over. then a second piece goes around the tag ends but only halfway around the barrel. they sell barrel cots but i feel tape works just as well and it's cheaper.

haven't noticed any different with POI or accuracy from my TC ProHunter

Edited by dbHunterNY

I just cut about a 4 inch strip of electrical tape and stretch it across the barrel end making sure it seals the hole completely. I would fear balloons, rubbers, glove tips would fall or get caught on brush and pulled off. The tape holds on until I take it off. Works perfectly. 

• Like 1