$65 Million....Clyde NY

Lawdwaz

Neat but way to big for me . If I cleared tens of  millions off the lotto ,I’d buy a summer place on the West side of Canandaigua Lake, near the North end. 3,000 square feet would be plenty , I’d have it hardened with the best doors, security windows,  alarms , lights, cameras . 

Then our main residence would be most likely in Tennessee, on a lake , maybe build next to the one my Nephew just built , again security and privacy top priority. No more then 5,000 square .

We have relatives with large homes 4,500 or so seems nice,  the one with the 12,000 SF house seems a bit much ,  I do wish he didn’t remove to indoor batting cage from  the basement though .

• Haha 1

I was there a couple of times doing some electro-shocking in the lakes and had a tour. The lodge is huge and something out of a magazine. They have beautiful floating cottages (beds, table, chairs, couch, you name it!) that they tow out in various places in the lake before it freezes, so they have them in place for when the lakes do freeze. There's trap doors in the floors, so when they want to fish, they just open the floor doors and drop a line down! You can ice fish from a couch or recliner! LOL The entire place is unbelievable to say the least, especially knowing that's it's so close! I've driven by there several times and have seen huge elk, big bucks, wild boar, etc... near the fence. Someone shot one of his huge bulls through the fence a few years ago. I wonder who's gonna be able to cough up $65M for that?

It’s owned by the Congel family, they own Destiny USA and several other malls in NYS.  Bob, the founder, has been sick for quite a time, and the sons are not as interested in it.  Great people that have worked hard all their lives, however, you will get differing opinions on the methods they used along the way.   They do use it for corporate retreats and meetings quite often.  I would think some University or Fortune 500 company will buy it for that purpose.  Unlikely that an individual will step in, but you never know.   I’ve seen pictures of some of the fenced in elk and deer taken. 

Neat but way to big for me . If I cleared tens of  millions off the lotto ,I’d buy a summer place on the West side of Canandaigua Lake, near the North end. 3,000 square feet would be plenty , I’d have it hardened with the best doors, security windows,  alarms , lights, cameras . 
Then our main residence would be most likely in Tennessee, on a lake , maybe build next to the one my Nephew just built , again security and privacy top priority. No more then 5,000 square .
We have relatives with large homes 4,500 or so seems nice,  the one with the 12,000 SF house seems a bit much ,  I do wish he didn’t remove to indoor batting cage from  the basement though .
4,500 isn't a large home at least not IMHO. I'd say it's a comfortable sized home. Now 6k-10 is getting massive

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4,500 isn't a large home at least not IMHO. I'd say it's a comfortable sized home. Now 6k-10 is getting massive

I think 4500 is big. My house is under 2Ksqft and is “comfortable”. 4500sqft homes are big and usually have 5BR and 4BR, etc. and $50K+ taxes in Westchester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 4500 is big. My house is under 2Ksqft and is “comfortable”. 4500sqft homes are big and usually have 5BR and 4BR, etc. and $50K+ taxes in Westchester

Idk I personally cannot wait to get back into a 4500+ square foot house. It's nice and spacious. Also try 20k+ depending where you are

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I agree.  My ranch is just under 2000sf and fine for my family.  I have never wanted a bigger home as it just means more up keep and taxes.  I prefer to blow that money on stupid stuff like hunting land and thermals.  lol  I hate paying taxes - I already pay way too much.  Plus no need to downsize if/when the kids move out.

• Like 1

Idk I personally cannot wait to get back into a 4500+ square foot house. It's nice and spacious. Also try 20k+ depending where you are 

In Dutchess maybe.

My taxes are $15K for 1900sqft. Any decent school district in Westchester and the taxes on a 4500sqft house will be astronomical.

In Dutchess maybe.

My taxes are $15K for 1900sqft. Any decent school district in Westchester and the taxes on a 4500sqft house will be astronomical.

Yorktown taxes are absurd why? Idk but there are better school districts that have lower taxes and not in Dutchess I'm talking Westchester not some fake wannabe area

• Like 1