What to use for a seat pad on ladder stand

luberhill

The flat thermaseat works great for ladder stands. Ground blinds too! 

I take a nylon strap, and hook a small carabiner through it, run that through the pad handle, and sling it over my shoulder. Rides under my left arm, out of the way.  Never go to the woods hunting without it.

18 minutes ago, luberhill said:
2 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

Do you use the one that is a flat foam pad or the one like the old Hot Seats ?

I use both types, the foam flat pads are lighter and I like using those when I am still hunting covering a lot of ground and just sitting for short periods. The hot seat type I have is a Mossy Oak Heat Seat, more comfortable but somewhat bulky, I use it for what I call stump jumping when I am hunting a small area and moving a short distance stopping and sitting on the ground, stumps or logs glassing for as far as I can see and then moving going through the glassing drill again and again. For sitting in a stand for long periods I think the cushy hot seat type would be best.

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

Tried using the inflatable, vinyl one I used primarily for turkey hunting, but it was uncomfortable in the stand. Then I got the brain-storm to buy a super thick (~3") one and that was even more uncomfortable. Below is one I've used for years and it works great in ladder stands.

image.png.df6ee498365476ed028d1007b78357ac.png

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

Tried using the inflatable, vinyl one I used primarily for turkey hunting, but it was uncomfortable in the stand. Then I got the brain-storm to buy a super thick (~3") one and that was even more uncomfortable. Below is one I've used for years and it works great in ladder stands.

^^^ This ^^^

13 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Yup