Putting Scent Killer To the Test!

Cabin Fever

My son has been having football practice over the past few days in the pouring rain and in the waterlogged fields. Today when I got home from work, I about barfed smelling his musty/nasty smelling cleats (that were brand new 2 weeks ago), as they stunk up the entrance way terribly! Knowing that he has practice again tonight, I thought I would try spraying some scent killer that I had left over from last year in them to try to make the odor more tolerable. I sprayed a few squirts in each cleat, not wanting to soak them. I could not believe it, but it "instantly" took away ~90% of the odor! I had to put my nose IN the cleat to be able to smell it! I think I'll give them a few more sprays tonight when he gets home, so hopefully it'll be gone for his game tomorrow night.

Guess that stuff really does do something!

Edited by Cabin Fever

When I was working at Dick's I was walking in the lodge and noticed a stanky smell like BO. Upon investigation I remembered that I was running late that morning and in my haste I forgot deodorant. That stank was me! In a panic I grabbed a bottle of Scent Killer and sprayed my pits in the back room. Instantly I could no longer smell myself.

I went and bought a bottle for the following season. I was a believer after that lol.

When I was working at Dick's I was walking in the lodge and noticed a stanky smell like BO. Upon investigation I remembered that I was running late that morning and in my haste I forgot deodorant. That stank was me! In a panic I grabbed a bottle of Scent Killer and sprayed my pits in the back room. Instantly I could no longer smell myself.

I went and bought a bottle for the following season. I was a believer after that lol.

That's one way to save $$ on deodorant. :lol:

I think deodorant would be cheaper. Funny this came up 2 seasons ago at camp we all had our shoes we wear every day and we decided to have a scent spray testing. I think we had about 4 different brands among us. With enough spray they all did the job but we all had the fall blend smelling ones and there was a noticable difference in the particular fall smell. To me not a single one of them actaully smelled like dirt or leaves even just smelling out of the bottle. Since then I use a spray with no "cover" scent in it like fall or acorn or pine, they all smell so different.

Much of the really good scent killers (Ti4 is what I use - recommended by a dog kennel operator), are antimicrobial, so not only do they eliminate scent but kill the bacteria as well. I have had four bears walk within 10 yards of me with this stuff, and they never noticed me.

Much of the really good scent killers (Ti4 is what I use - recommended by a dog kennel operator), are antimicrobial, so not only do they eliminate scent but kill the bacteria as well. I have had four bears walk within 10 yards of me with this stuff, and they never noticed me.

If I had 4 bears walk within 10 yards of me , I think I would be spraying Scent Killer on my shorts !

• Like 1

Doc....he's just too valuable to me as he is right now...and I don't have the $$$ needed to buy enough of the stuff to cover him!!....Lol he's been....fermenting and is carrying on the breeze far and wide...I'm glad he is south of the house and the wind blows from the North /West.....I have to don a hazmat suit to clean the barn...every thing he touches stinks even the steel gate

• Like 1