A Sign that I'm Getting Old....

Pygmy

you can't be old then. my parent's called it the day after thanksgiving and went down to florida vacation home. it's tough for them flying back for the holidays. they're hoping the snow out this way stops what it's doing.

Edited by dbHunterNY

Lost an uncle and my best friend of 43 years last week only 50 years old!  Stomach issues kept me out of the woods the past month, perfect timing for the rut!  Arg.  Changing my diet, still need to quite smoking.  Working on treating myself better.  Looking forward to ending this year and starting 2020 off right, have not hunted with bow since October hope to get out this weekend!  50 hit hard this year!  Still think i am young, lol. 

Good news is my back and neck are OK!  lol  Lucky for my back Long Island does not keep snow very long when it comes.  Tough hunting this time of the year as they have been chased for 2 months plus but I just want to get out and get some quiet time.  

4 hours ago, NFA-ADK said:

Lost an uncle and my best friend of 43 years last week only 50 years old!  Stomach issues kept me out of the woods the past month, perfect timing for the rut!  Arg.  Changing my diet, still need to quite smoking.  Working on treating myself better.  Looking forward to ending this year and starting 2020 off right, have not hunted with bow since October hope to get out this weekend!  50 hit hard this year!  Still think i am young, lol. 

Good news is my back and neck are OK!  lol  Lucky for my back Long Island does not keep snow very long when it comes.  Tough hunting this time of the year as they have been chased for 2 months plus but I just want to get out and get some quiet time.  

Good luck NFA...I never really felt  any older at 50..But by 60 BIG difference...Even more so from 60 to 70....

Ten years ago I could still navigate hills, brush, streams  no problem..Now I feel like a doddering old man...

My only solace is that most of my friends the same age seem to have the same problem...Some a lot worse than me..

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Good luck NFA...I never really felt  any older at 50..But by 60 BIG difference...Even more so from 60 to 70....

Ten years ago I could still navigate hills, brush, streams  no problem..Now I feel like a doddering old man...

My only solace is that most of my friends the same age seem to have the same problem...Some a lot worse than me..

I don’t know Dan.  You seem to get around just fine to me.  Then again I also almost knocked your blind over at 48 so perhaps I am a lousy judge.   Lol

• Haha 1