A Sign that I'm Getting Old....

Pygmy

5 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Ten years ago I could still navigate hills, brush, streams  no problem..Now I feel like a doddering old man...

So at the party one of my former crew says, “ he works 30 years on a ladder truck, climbing and working off ladders in all kinds of weather ,cutting holes in roofs of burning buildings , retires and the next day asks me to come over and spray a moss ,killer on his roof .” 

Lol he’s right ! Last few years  it became harder , balance and strength dropped ,joints hurt , range of motion shrunk, old age isn’t for the weak !

The worst part of all this is the realization that it will never get any better. Nobody is getting younger as time goes on. However, as they say, "When you consider the alternatives to old age, it all doesn't seem quite as bad".....lol.

• Like 2

Fer sure, the snow does get a little more tolerable once you retire. Nothing like looking out the window and seeing the snow and thinking - "F-it" I'm  not going out today. Or not feeling the need to snowblow the driveway at 7-8AM, maybe latter when sun warms up the temps somewhat! I do still have nightmares of white-knucle commutes with zero visibility & not really knowing where the road was, just trying to get to/from work!

• Like 2