289 days to go

nybuckboy

season never ends here. got to compile and log all the data for deer taken on our qdm co-op. send in dmap harvest report to DEC. Scout public land for next year. take down some stands to look over. etc. etc. i'm not sure if my season started yet or isn't over. definitely didn't hunt most as much of it as i'd like. lol

Years ago I cut my ML’r teeth in Pennsylvania during the late season.  Flintlock, real black powder and patched round balls are a thing of beauty. 

Good luck!!

A lot of years ago I shot a real flintlock as described. I think I fell in love until he told me the price on a gun just like his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Yea told my  wife this she turned and gave me a look of death.  Lol  

I got that same look...

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I wish we had a season like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do like the split season, however it can suck at times. 

I'm already looking forward to next year!  I learned a lot this past season on the public land I hunt, am concentrating on smaller areas now.  I have some stand moves and adjustments to make for next year to get things dialed in a little better. I will get out in the next few weeks to check cams, and put more cams out to see who survived the season followed by shed hunting and scouting in a few months.

As burnt out as I was that last weekend of the gun season I did miss not being in the woods last weekend. I almost went out with my camera Sunday to sit in a stand for a bit because I have to pull the seat pad but that area ended up being flooded again so I passed. 

Only 288 days to go now

I guess i had better order my new saddle and whatever climbing system i will use so i can get a lot  practice in before the next season is here. That will be my big motivation for the next one,mobility. I am planning on exploring some stateland and the far corners of my property and my buddies 300 acres.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 8:25 PM, Hock3y24 said:

only 9 days till pa late bow/flintlock!

I have always wanted to do the flintlock season. Especially with my old man. He’s a flintlock guy. I always make fun of him for using a flintlock on opening day of gun here. He turns 70 Saturday and I’m running out of time.

• Like 1