Which wicked hunting light system to get

Yes, that is the easiest way to start. If you like it and end up doing more of it you can aways upgrade your gear. When upgrading i would first upgrade to a thermal monocular as you will see a huge difference in success. My thermal xq23v can detect heat sources as far as 875 yards and lets me know something is out there other than just catching eyes by scanning. Next upgrade would be a digital night vision scope or real night vision  or thermal scope if you like this type of hunting enough. There is no shortage of upgrade paths or $ you can invest in the sport...lol. any ?'s feel free to ask...like i said i been thru it all...almost.
That's sick! The goal would be to one day get a real nice thermal scope. But that's like 5k these days hoping prices come down a little bit in the future LoL

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

That's sick! The goal would be to one day get a real nice thermal scope. But that's like 5k these days hoping prices come down a little bit in the future LoL

Yep, my next scope will be a thermal one....one day.  My gen 2+ marauder is/was about a $4000 scope, when i got it (took me 7 years before i finally decided to pull the trigger last year) but makes 250+ yards look like daylight with the sniper hog ir scope light.

Edited by Engraver99

I run the 403c red light gun and headlamp. I think thats the number atleast. For those that dont like headlamps for turning your head, if you run a hand held scanner you are still moving your head to follow the light. 

Im going with a sightmark wraith NV next for my gun. And probably a cheap bushnell monocular for scanning. Just upgrade the ir lights on both. Ill have those for next season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

They got the new 3 one for 299. Debating whether to wait for it to do a new years sale or just go for it https://allpredatorcalls.com/wicked-lights-a67ic-scanpro-ic-3-color-in-1-night-hunting-light-and-headlamp-combo-kit/

It’s a good kit and you will use it for more than dogs.  

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Thank goodness Storm hasn't posted his flashlight set up yet :mda:I was worried until I saw you did

:taunt::taunt: Yeah duck tape don't work...to hard to clean off the sticky residue:derisive:.  I have tried a lot of set ups with a shotgun and this works the best for me and will stand the recoil of a 12 gauge. I have tried a couple of different ways only  to have the light fall apart or fall off the gun. About the only time it gets used is for calling grey fox at night or close quarters which isn't to often. Easy on and easy off if I want to use it for something else. I can use it in the day time without removing the light. I am sure there are better set ups but can't see investing big time for something only used once or twice a year.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

How do you like the sightmark? I looked at atn but apparently they are not so hot

I love it so far, I dont want wifi anywhere near my stuff. The only down fall so far is lack of audio in recorded videos but otherwise been a great optic. Have only had it since August. Not a ton of time spent behind it yet. 

As for ATN ive heard really great stories of their customer service and horror stories about them as well. I do know my buddy just bought a used ATN few months ago, the threads stripped on the focal adjustment so he sent it in expecting to get a bill for repair in return.. he instead got a brand new replacement optic sent to him. no questions asked Optic was several years old too. I wouldn't shy away from them, just buy through a reputable dealer so you have some customer service to work with. 

Just like buying a tractor/atv or vehicle.. Brand isn't super critical as long as you have the customer service to back you. IMO anyways. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

They got the new 3 one for 299. Debating whether to wait for it to do a new years sale or just go for it https://allpredatorcalls.com/wicked-lights-a67ic-scanpro-ic-3-color-in-1-night-hunting-light-and-headlamp-combo-kit/

not sure if your on fb or not. If you are their are groups you can probably find used or deals on new setups if you dont want to spend top dollar. ppl are always looking to sell to upgrade.. 

not sure if your on fb or not. If you are their are groups you can probably find used or deals on new setups if you dont want to spend top dollar. ppl are always looking to sell to upgrade.. 
Definitely gonna check the predator groups. I'm in one of them think there are around 10k+ people in it called predator hunting

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Definitely gonna check the predator groups. I'm in one of them think there are around 10k+ people in it called predator hunting

Go with the more local ones. Predator hunters of New york. Central NY predator hunters  (WNY page too). PA predator hunters. Guys are looking to get rid of stuff fairly often.. or have extras 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

No tape? 

Already answered:

20 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Thank goodness Storm hasn't posted his flashlight set up yet :mda:I was worried until I saw you did

:taunt::taunt: Yeah duck tape don't work...to hard to clean off the sticky residue:derisive:.  I have tried a lot of set ups with a shotgun and this works the best for me and will stand the recoil of a 12 gauge. I have tried a couple of different ways only  to have the light fall apart or fall off the gun. About the only time it gets used is for calling grey fox at night or close quarters which isn't to often. Easy on and easy off if I want to use it for something else. I can use it in the day time without removing the light. I am sure there are better set ups but can't see investing big time for something only used once or twice a year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Already answered:

20 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I commented before I got through the thread. It was the first thing that came to mind when I saw it. 

• Like 1

I like technology, but not unnecessary added technology. IMO its just something more to go wrong, and adds to cost. Id gladly just hook a cord up and transfer instead. I mean there is a few other pluses to wifi.  I think it's just like adding these technologies to cars where they back into parking spots or drive for you so you dont have to.. just unnecessary. Im also clueless with some new technologies lol. I just have zero need for it. My Sightmark Wraith HD is perfect really, minus the fact it doesn't record audio. But even the Audio in many ATNs don't sync properly to the recorded video and play offset to one another. The fact that im cheap might also play in affect here.. cause i dont wanna pay for optic with wifi either lol 

Just makes these tiny computers/processors work too hard IMO.. we are also asking these electronic optics to do what we ask of them, but even during extreme cold weather that comes with winter. If this makes any sense. I just see no need for it. 

• Like 2