How far away to place wiggly and caller?

Have a carbon fiber proof bull barrel on my 223 wylde.  Its a tackdriver and the whole gun weighs under 5.5lbs.   Doesnt seem to heat up either (at least for a 5 shot string or so).
Must have cost a pretty penny nah? I've got a BHW on mine. Haven't shot it yet but should be a tack driver though probably nowhere near as light as yours

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Have a carbon fiber proof bull barrel on my 223 wylde.  Its a tackdriver and the whole gun weighs under 5.5lbs.   Doesnt seem to heat up either (at least for a 5 shot string or so).

Sounds like you have the best of everything with that 223, both points you mention are some of the real advantages of carbon fiber barrels, the little Browning only weighs 3 lb 14 oz. I do not consider it to be a tack driver compared to some of the bolt actions I have but it is one sweet carrying rifle and hard to leave home when I am doing a lot of walking. Still it does group with better than average hunting accuracy and I have taken a good many Squirrels with it. Sighted in with CCI Velocitor LR hunting ammo which is extra hard hitting, it will take care of business on Varmints at closer ranges and Squirrels with no problem.

Al

On 12/19/2019 at 8:07 AM, NYBowhunter said:

Question for all you predator hunters, i always used mouth callers, but if you were to get a new electronic  caller today, what would it be? My wife wants suggestions as to what to get me for xmas, so this might fit the bill. Let me know. Thx

FoxPro if you are really into it. If its just something you do a few times per season, something like the Primos Alpha Dog works great. I have one Ill sell you if you didnt get one for Christmas. Its just taking up space since I got my FoxPro Shockwave last year.

On 12/19/2019 at 7:34 AM, Gencountyzeek said:

I usually place the call 60-75 yards out. Maybe a little further if its a deep field. Majority of the time they are going to use cover like a hedgerow to try and skirt around the call to get downwind of it. I try and place it so they have to expose themselves while trying to get downwind of it. My decoy attaches to the call so they are always together.

this is what i used to do when i had more time to hunt for bobcats, fox, or coyotes. it works. often it was just out in a field. i'd setup just in the field edge. problem is they'd be right on top of me with a rifle. best to have one guy with a shotgun and one with a rifle.

• Like 2