Deer Season Is Over ( for most of here in NYS ), But, Are You Done Hunting?

DirtTime

There is lot of deer season left on LI. I don't plan to hunt that much, but would like to get out a few times with the bow and at least once with the slug gun. Haven't had the slug gun out in years, so that's something to look forward to.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

last weekend saw two nice big rabbits during last of deer hunting and was thinking about going this weekend - but i already know how this plays out .... i walk in..... dont see a rabbit......kick up two booner bucks that jump up and stand broadside at 40 yards and look at me...... i curse ..... and go home.  lol 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I'd like to get a few sits in for predators, and I'll do a bit of squirrel hunting.

Then of course there's shed hunting in April, turkey in May, bass fishing in June...

Sounds corny, but I really do love NY!

Doesn't sound corny at all. We really have amazing outdoor recreation options here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grampy said:

Do some ice fishing

That's on my list of things to resurrect. I did a lot of it when I lived in Rochester, not so much in the last 10 years. I've got all the stuff, just need good ice and good waters.

Hmm, Ice fishing GTG sometime?

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

Over a month left and I have not been out in a month so I am itching!  Shot my bow this morning and froze, I will be stalking more than sitting in this weather.  Bought a bunch of batteries so I am hoping to get some good footage.  With no cover it will be hard to get within 20 yards for good video. 

• Like 1

Ducks!! Combo Yote hunt at night then head to the waters edge for ducks at sunrise. Sit til 10 or so then chase some snows. This is my next 3-4 weekends, until Mrs Bundy says different of course. 

Also I will be making some trips to the range if I can find one open.  I think coming months are perfect for range time.  Im dialed in pretty good with my rifle, but can always use more practice. I need to shoot some clays also.

Rob Hunt and fish... Didn't you say once your lease has good duck area?? Get out and drop those decoys! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Ducks!! Combo Yote hunt at night then head to the waters edge for ducks at sunrise. Sit til 10 or so then chase some snows. This is my next 3-4 weekends, until Mrs Bundy says different of course. 

Also I will be making some trips to the range if I can find one open.  I think coming months are perfect for range time.  Im dialed in pretty good with my rifle, but can always use more practice. I need to shoot some clays also.

Rob Hunt and fish... Didn't you say once your lease has good duck area?? Get out and drop those decoys! 

I even looked up season as i was thinking that - what sucks is its in the SE region which is only open til sunday .  Wish the duck season was like WNY thats why i didnt even get a duck stamp .  Ponds are completely froze over here now too.  

If you look long & hard enough (and are willing to put some miles on the truck), there is still a lot to hunt this time of year.

Weather looks to be mild all the way through New Years, and ocean fishing is pretty hot now. Small game is open, I'll probably get out with friends with dogs & see if we can knock a few squirrels out of a tree (but sitting for them isn't all that productive when it's cold). There's goose & duck hunting all the way through March if you want to try for snows. And of course the VA fall turkey season is open until the end of January, my pup is raring to go NOW!!!

I never trapped or ice fished, but that's also an option.

Anything beats bickering on these internet forums!!!:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 1