Shed Hunting 2020

landtracdeerhunter

I was checking on some tree trimming and took a little walk with my dog today. I wasn't really expecting to find any antlers with the recent snow but was pleasantly surprised when I almost stepped on this one. I pointed it out to the dog and he grabbed right onto it and didn't want to let go of it.

shed2.15.2020.jpg

2-15-2020shed.jpg

Edited by E J
  • Like 13

You find a ton! How many you up to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only two sheds so far this year and the one dead head from yesterday. Things will really pick up when I hit “THAT” swamp.
And still nothing from this seasons drop from the woods by my house...maybe today for that spot

• Like 1

Only two sheds so far this year and the one dead head from yesterday. Things will really pick up when I hit “THAT” swamp.
And still nothing from this seasons drop from the woods by my house...maybe today for that spot

Don't you dare

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

9f5c985b805f50929f7d1b072ad019df.jpg

Wondering what others think about this theory.
Back in 2012 in Wyoming I scooped up these 9 sheds in 4 days of deer/antelope hunting. There was probably another 10 or so that I glassed up but didn’t bother walking hundreds of yards to grab each one. Obviously mule deer sheds are bigger than whitetail so easier to spot. But someone once told me the reason why there’s so many sheds out west is because they are out in the open the mice and other rodents that chew them get picked off my birds so easily. Therefore, sheds get a lot of age on them. Whereas back East they get chewed down. I will say some Of these mule deer sheds were 1 year old but some of the other are so old and brittle I can snap them in half if I wanted to. Yet they have no bite marks. Are they 5-10 years old? Seems rare to find an old shed here in the East

• Like 2

I wool a walk around my local spot today, ran into three guys. They were carrying these sheds d3532919a26ab5b3dbc617758a646f01.png Two of them killed 140 class bucks this past year, they showed me the pics. They also had pics of the nice ten I saw some other guys dragging out and knew of a girl that killed a nice 8. That little property was pretty productive this year lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

I’m hitting my friends backyard woods , Wednesday.

second pic a different buck that we believe was hit by a car, one antler broke off and a broken leg.

21F50A12-15AA-442D-BDC2-114739B775EF.jpeg

ED057291-D862-49CA-9963-D4F51F00AF93.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

Got a little stir crazy sitting in the house,so I headed out shedding found one old one. Then it started to rain.
a718c9207ff7d575d0f26cd056376bce.jpg
Snuck up on a few jakes. Got about twenty yards away before they saw me.
7eb15472b6dc951a3f32537cae97704c.jpg
I’m going to stalk up on ever animal I see for now on.

• Like 3

Seems a little slow this season

Water Rat posted this which made me chuckle
453337f62a5c09d2b8ab7a5b45476de9.jpg

BUT .... I’ve often wondered which is more difficult:
1. Getting your hands on a 120”+ of antler as a result of hunting
2, Getting your hands on a 120”+ of antler as a result or shed hunting

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Seems a little slow this season

Water Rat posted this which made me chuckle
453337f62a5c09d2b8ab7a5b45476de9.jpg

BUT .... I’ve often wondered which is more difficult:
1. Getting your hands on a 120”+ of antler as a result of hunting
2, Getting your hands on a 120”+ of antler as a result or shed hunting

For me it was the sheds lol. Matched 13 point set touching each other the one year.  Every once in awhile you get lucky.

• Like 2

People who don't shed hunt don't truly understand how long it takes to find them. I've got 9 full hours in this year and came up with only 2. If I didn't truly enjoy being in the woods I probably wouldn't shed hunt either! But touching a big shed for the first time is so worth it!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 4