Shed Hunting 2020

landtracdeerhunter

Good man!  I've been pondering it lately...........it's been years since I've donated.  I don't know if mine is worthy these days?

They won’t accept yours because of your recent man to man sexual relations. It’s on the questionnaire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

They won’t accept yours because of your recent man to man sexual relations. It’s on the questionnaire

Lol , the number of those questions I had to lie on .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 8:41 PM, Lawdwaz said:

Good man!  I've been pondering it lately...........it's been years since I've donated.  I don't know if mine is worthy these days?

Ya well they didn’t take mine either , got a letter they flagged it for two diseases . Chagas which you get from a parasite in South America , it lives in the mud they build their huts out of , I test positive for the anti bodies. Weird since I’ve never been there nor do I live in a mud hut .... test neg. for the disease.

Second was tested “ reactive “ for anti bodies for Hep C . Dr sent me for more blood work , waiting to hear , he’s not to worried as it seems us boomers make up 3/4 of all Hep C carriers ,as health care back when wasn’t screening blood  for ,it nor to sterile. He feels I may have had it years back and my superior body kicked its ass .

But I think of all the druggies I worked on and all the needles in the drug house s I’ve been in ... Here’s a milk jug of needles screwed to the side of a drug house we trained on . If I have to stop drinking I’ll be pissed .

Sorry to hijack this thread , I’ll be shed hunting soon !

2529424E-940A-4767-8761-3D50631068E9.png

• Like 1

Ya well they didn’t take mine either , got a letter they flagged it for two diseases . Chagas which you get from a parasite in South America , it lives in the mud they build their huts out of , I test positive for the anti bodies. Weird since I’ve never been there nor do I live in a mud hut .... test neg. for the disease.
Second was tested “ reactive “ for anti bodies for Hep C . Dr sent me for more blood work , waiting to hear , he’s not to worried as it seems us boomers make up 3/4 of all Hep C carriers ,as health care back when wasn’t screening blood  for ,it nor to sterile. He feels I may have had it years back and my superior body kicked its ass .
But I think of all the druggies I worked on and all the needles in the drug house s I’ve been in ... Here’s a milk jug of needles screwed to the side of a drug house we trained on . If I have to stop drinking I’ll be pissed .
2529424E-940A-4767-8761-3D50631068E9.thumb.png.d4e6a66da54c840c1216fd4c542640d0.png

I went to Costa Rica and we shook hands.

2529424E-940A-4767-8761-3D50631068E9.thumb.png.d4e6a66da54c840c1216fd4c542640d0.png
Chagas probably came from a tick bite

Call Me The Teflon Don

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 5:47 AM, wolc123 said:

I have not been over to visit my parents (both in their 80's) since the Covid-19 stuff started.   My mom mentioned on the phone last night that dad found a big antler near the back of a clover field behind their house (4 points on it).  He has been trying to find the other side, with no success so far.    I have been concerned about the fate of a big 8-point, that I saw a few times over there during archery season, and now I can rest a bit easier.   It appears that he made it thru gun season.   

I did not see any bucks over there during gun season, after I "accidentally" killed the resident old doe on opening day.  I had seen several bucks over there earlier, all having smaller or busted-up racks, except for the big 8, which never gave me a good shot opportunity.   I was a bit concerned that a big, busted-rack buck that a neighbor killed over there might have been him, but dad's antler find proves otherwise.  

I am guessing that he will be 4.5 this year, which is a bit out of my league, but has me looking forward to the coming season.   I had killed 3.5 year old bucks over there in 2017, and 2018, but missed my chance last year.   I did manage to get one at home with my crossbow, but the bodies (and chest girth) are a lot bigger on the ones over at my folks place, on average.      

I finally made it over to my folks place (maintaining 6 ft social distance), to get a photo of this one today.  It certainly appears to be from the big 8 that I saw over there last fall and it does look like he was 3.5 (The base diameter and antler mass is nearly identical to the 3.5 that I killed over there  in 2018).   I spent a half hour or so looking for the other side but no signs of it.         

genny light antler 2.jpg

• Like 5

I finally made it over to my folks place (maintaining 6 ft social distance), to get a photo of this one today.  It certainly appears to be from the big 8 that I saw over there last fall and it does look like he was 3.5 (The base diameter and antler mass is nearly identical to the 3.5 that I killed over there  in 2018).   I spent a half hour or so looking for the other side but no signs of it.         
1753027668_gennylightantler2.thumb.jpg.438fd2e793f436a524d093b3fb86e262.jpg
That's a beauty shed!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...