Handling Wet Heavy Snow with Snowblower

fasteddie

Usually when I clear the driveway and have the wet heavy snow it clogs up the chute . I saw a suggestion about spraying the chute with Rain-Ex . Since I didn't have any , I sprayed the snow blower chute with ArmorAll . Boy , did that do the trick ! Never clogged once when I got into the wet stuff at the end of the drive way . Give it a try . 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Usually when I clear the driveway and have the wet heavy snow it clogs up the chute . I saw a suggestion about spraying the chute with Rain-Ex . Since I didn't have any , I sprayed the snow blower chute with ArmorAll . Boy , did that do the trick ! Never clogged once when I got into the wet stuff at the end of the drive way . Give it a try . 

Florida works as a solution for sticky icky snow too....

• Like 3

Knock on wood I have never had snow stick on my shoot. Picked up a rock once. Locked it up pretty good.  I'm running a 9 hp  poulan snowblower . I bought it new 20 plus years ago . Anything less than 2 inches  I shovel.  I use the tractor and loader if it's more than a foot  to clear the end of the driveway when the plows get done filling  end of the driveway back in. 

14 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Blowers suck.  I use a rear plow and a front loader and never had an issue.   

X2 on that setup. 400 ft loop driveway with a 100 x 60 ft tee to the garage. I’d die shoveling that, lol. I do get exercise in the spring when I have to rake all the gravel back into the driveway.

1D20847A-927E-41C8-9FEE-33FEAF06F322.jpeg

Edited by Steuben Jerry